Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

How to display date and time in UTC format i.e, 2018-05-02T13:47:33.743Z?

Level 2

Hi,

I have an Export workflow, that extracts data from tracking logs and recipient schema and is storing the data in a .csv file. I have a requirement that while extracting date-time data we should be displaying in file (example as 2018-05-02T13:47:33.743Z) this.

My campaign database is configured to store data in UTC format but I want the data while placing in file in the above mentioned format. How to achieve this? Currently I am getting data as: 10/23/2018  8:38:01 AM.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sonika,

This can be achieved using an "Export File" activity with help of calculated fields.

1605799_pastedImage_2.png

New Calculated Field

1605797_pastedImage_0.png

Code

1605798_pastedImage_1.png

Output file

1605800_pastedImage_3.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

Hi there,

I don't think you can do that in the export file activity.

One way to do this would be to convert the date you want in a SQL activity just before the extract file activity.

Do you happen to know which DBMS your Adobe instance is using ?

Mohamed

Community Advisor

You are referring to ISO 8601 time, The Z suffix in the ISO 8601 time representation is sometimes referred to as "Zulu time" because the same letter is used to designate the Zulu time zone.

ISO 8601 - Wikipedia

Should get the following.

As for the extract, you need to use an expression with SQL, there are other ways, but this is the quickest I knew

In the column expression use the following, where GetDate() can be replaced with your tsColumnName (name of your field with timestampt) and append the Z manually for (ZULU timezone otherwise known as UTC )

[SQLDATA[CONVERT(VARCHAR(30), tsyourdatehere, 126)+'Z']]

1605732_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Sonika,

This can be achieved using an "Export File" activity with help of calculated fields.

1605799_pastedImage_2.png

New Calculated Field

1605797_pastedImage_0.png

Code

1605798_pastedImage_1.png

Output file

1605800_pastedImage_3.png