Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Hotclicks percentages not adding up to 100%

Level 1

Hello,

Please could you advise how the percentages in the Hotclicks reports are calculated in Campaign v8?

The percentages in our reports do not total 100% and the values are considerably lower than in the URLs and click stream reports. I understand that if there is dynamic content in a delivery these will not count and therefore the percentages may not add up to 100% – however we are seeing this with deliveries without any dynamic content.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @joannasmith ,

In Adobe Campaign Classic, the Hotclicks report operates based on the data from the Consolidated Tracking schema and Delivery schema. To delve into the specifics of the report's functionality, you can explore the report code, which is typically located at the following path:

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1705692701041.png

From my understanding, the calculation for the Hotclicks report is generally performed as follows: (Total clicks on a specific URL * 100) / Total sum of clicks for that particular delivery. In a standard scenario, this percentage should ideally be 100% for all clicks within the email.

However, according to the documentation, if you are utilizing any offers in your delivery, the percentage may not always reach 100%. This variance could be attributed to the inclusion of offers and their specific interactions with the tracking and reporting mechanisms.

Parvesh_Parmar_3-1705693117877.png

Kr,

Parvesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @joannasmith ,

In Adobe Campaign Classic, the Hotclicks report operates based on the data from the Consolidated Tracking schema and Delivery schema. To delve into the specifics of the report's functionality, you can explore the report code, which is typically located at the following path:

Parvesh_Parmar_0-1705692701041.png

From my understanding, the calculation for the Hotclicks report is generally performed as follows: (Total clicks on a specific URL * 100) / Total sum of clicks for that particular delivery. In a standard scenario, this percentage should ideally be 100% for all clicks within the email.

However, according to the documentation, if you are utilizing any offers in your delivery, the percentage may not always reach 100%. This variance could be attributed to the inclusion of offers and their specific interactions with the tracking and reporting mechanisms.

Parvesh_Parmar_3-1705693117877.png

Kr,

Parvesh