Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Error in Data loading activity when I try to upload csv file from Local Machine

Level 2

Hi,

I am facing the below error in while I try to Upload a csv file from my local machine in the 'data loading' activity. The file is of 58mb with about 500k rows.

BhaskarJC_0-1688120849533.png

I Kindly request you to please let me know what might have caused the error and how to get rid of it.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @BhaskarJC ,

From uploading file from local machine, if the file size is greater than 50mb, you will be getting this error.

Alternatively you can split the file into 2 files in your local machine, use 2 data loading activity to import records.

This restriction is there only you directly upload from local machine by selecting the option 'Upload the file from local machine'. So you can place the same file (of any size) in any SFPT, collect it using file transfer, followed by Data loading activity and select 'specified in the transition'. It will work.

ParthaSarathy_0-1688123679971.png

To increase the size limit, there was a solution provided in this community thread by modifying the setting in IIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi @BhaskarJC ,

As per the error screenshot you shared, it seems an intermittent issue. Hence you can retry uploading the file using a new Data loading activity.
Further, sometimes, while uploading large size files, DL activity errors out, so can try using "File Transfer" activity instead and upload file to a SFTP location.
Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @BhaskarJC ,

From uploading file from local machine, if the file size is greater than 50mb, you will be getting this error.

Alternatively you can split the file into 2 files in your local machine, use 2 data loading activity to import records.

This restriction is there only you directly upload from local machine by selecting the option 'Upload the file from local machine'. So you can place the same file (of any size) in any SFPT, collect it using file transfer, followed by Data loading activity and select 'specified in the transition'. It will work.

ParthaSarathy_0-1688123679971.png

To increase the size limit, there was a solution provided in this community thread by modifying the setting in IIS