Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Error address in Email Channel

Level 2

Hi,

In what scenario, the sender email address would be replaced by the Error address defined in the Deployment wizard.

For ex: An email delivery sent with abc@somedomain.com but for some users the email delivered with error@somedomain.com as sender.

harikrishnadevanabowina_1-1701357626146.png

What could be the reason for this happening?

Thanks & Regards, Hari Krishan D

@ParthaSarathy 

@LakshmiPravallika 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @harikrishnadevanabowina ,

Error Address configuration will be used to handle bounce mail and enter the configured email address of messages with errors. If any technical issues occur due to  handle bounce mail(while sending the bounce emails if any technical issues occur, then the message will go from this error address configured email), including emails received by the Adobe Campaign server due to non-existent target addresses (if the email Address is empty and the error message comes to Adobe Server then it default comes from this error email configuration).

PFA the documentation link for the same.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/initial-c...

Regards,

Pravallika.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Please refer to the solved thread of use case why this error address configuration would be used.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/deployment-wizard-...

Regards,

Pravallika.

Hi @LakshmiPravallika ,

I have gone through that before asking my question here. But my question is: 

In what scenario, the sender email address would be replaced by the Error address defined in the Deployment wizard.

For ex: An email delivery sent with abc@somedomain.com but for some users the email delivered with error@somedomain.com as sender which is configured as 'error address'.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks & Regards,

Hari Krishna D

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Error Address configuration will be used to handle bounce mail and enter the configured email address of messages with errors. If any technical issues occur due to  handle bounce mail(while sending the bounce emails if any technical issues occur, then the message will go from this error address configured email), including emails received by the Adobe Campaign server due to non-existent target addresses (if the email Address is empty and the error message comes to Adobe Server then it default comes from this error email configuration).

PFA the documentation link for the same.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/campaign-classic/using/installing-campaign-classic/initial-c...

Regards,

Pravallika.