Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Deploying schemas, workflows, forms, campaigns, deliveries from v7 on-prem to v8

Community Advisor

Hi all,

Need an advice from the community on your experience about migrating stuff from v7 to v8 via standard packages.

As such, if you package something from a v7 instance, and try to deploy to the v8 instance you get an error during deployment stating that the source instance build 7.something is lower than the target instance build 8.something.

To overcome this, you can update the package build version manually in the package xml and deploy the package. It has worked fine as a POC for most of the entities.

But is there anyone who has had an experience deploying from v7 to v8 in such fashion and can share some guidelines (do's/dont's).

This is jus about migrating the entities, not any recipient related or other custom table data. I know there are some features in v7 which are no longer available/supported in v8, so they are out of question.

I know Adobe does not recommend this, instead they recommend to move to v7 managed services first and then they would take it from there with their own scripts.

BR,

Ishan

0 Replies