Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Deleting the records in web application

Level 4

Hello team 
I just want to delete the records which has imagelink,review and auto pk attribute 

when i click on the no button the particular record has to delete in schema 

can anyone provide idea for that and shall we add that logic in within a page activity or i need to use javascript code activity to declare the condition

vani97_0-1710423332159.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vani97 

You could use as :-

xtk.session.DeleteCollection(
    "nms:recipient",
    <where>
        <condition expr="[@id] = '+vars.ID+'"/>
    </where>,
    false
    )

May I ask if the the provision to delete is just once or upon selecting 'NO" the WebApp will show next image?.

If only once then you can define a variable ti store that ID and use the XML in JS code to delete. If multiple you could define a dynamic array and use it for looping in the JS code.

You could also try the approach of creating a loop within the 2 activities, ie, Page and JS activity. For instance, we a cust selects "No" a flagVariable will be update to 1 and go to JS activity, where it will delete the single record using XML code. After this a test activity can check the flagVariable, if it's equal to 1 then the transition will land back to the page activity hence reloading the page with different image and so on.

Just few suggestion, you can absolutely modify it according to your use case.

Thanks

Akshay

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @vani97 

You can use the delete collection method to delete the records collected from your JSSP pages. For reference you can visit this page.

Regards

Akshay

Level 4

Hi 

Based on the primary key i supposed to delete when i click on the no button 

As i refered in document i got this 

<where>
        <condition expr="[@email] = 'isabel.garcia@mycompany.com'"/>
    </where>,
    false
    )

As this condition is not needed in my case .how the transition would be could you kindly guide!

and should we need to include this in javascript activity or with in a page can we able to add this

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vani97 

You could use as :-

<where>
    </where>,
    false
    )

May I ask if the the provision to delete is just once or upon selecting 'NO" the WebApp will show next image?.

If only once then you can define a variable ti store that ID and use the XML in JS code to delete. If multiple you could define a dynamic array and use it for looping in the JS code.

You could also try the approach of creating a loop within the 2 activities, ie, Page and JS activity. For instance, we a cust selects "No" a flagVariable will be update to 1 and go to JS activity, where it will delete the single record using XML code. After this a test activity can check the flagVariable, if it's equal to 1 then the transition will land back to the page activity hence reloading the page with different image and so on.

Just few suggestion, you can absolutely modify it according to your use case.

Thanks

Akshay

Level 4

Hi

Thanks for the detailed explanation and i supposed to delete multipe image.as you shwn here supposed to do multiple rejects
could kindly guide me further and ill try out your explanation

vani97_0-1710498035263.png

this condtion should follwed here right ?

for the deletion 

<where>
    </where>,
    false
    )

Community Advisor

Hi @vani97 

As i understand from the still that you pasted is you have multiple images in a single landing page displaying all at once, hence i would suggest go with the dynamic array approach to collect all the ids at a time and do a delete in one go.

Thanks

Akshay

Level 4

Hi AkshayAnand

Thanks for providing all the suggestion and my case I supposed delete the record one by one like when I click on the no button that particiler record has to be deleted  based on the image supposed to do a check