Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Custom Sequence

Level 2

Hi Team,

Anyone help to clarify what is use of 'auto_XXXXX_XXXX_seq' is where I am finding this sequence in ACC? if provide a hands-on example it's very helpful to understand. @ParthaSarathy 

Kumar_27_1-1707221925154.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Kumar_27 

auto sequence were added to ACC to avoid OOTB sequence exhaustion when using autopk in schema.

It's allowing tables to have their own sequence and not use xtkID used by delivery logs tracking logs etc.

It was introduced because customers with big data volume were having issue with data retention in ACC.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Kumar_27 

auto sequence were added to ACC to avoid OOTB sequence exhaustion when using autopk in schema.

It's allowing tables to have their own sequence and not use xtkID used by delivery logs tracking logs etc.

It was introduced because customers with big data volume were having issue with data retention in ACC.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

hi @DavidKangni ,

Thanks for your reply. Could you please explain a bit more?

1) How I am creating a new auto sequence in ACC?

2)  where is this sequence stored in ACC? If possible to view the older Sequence?

Community Advisor

Hello @Kumar_27,

The a custom sequence is created automaticaly for custom schema if you make the id of the schema an autopk : 

Amine_Abedour_0-1707257009015.png

you can find the sequence name in the preview tab of schema form : 

Amine_Abedour_1-1707257097630.png

In the database (if it's PostgreSQL), it will create a sequence object stored here and used for each insertion in your schema to retrieve new IDs :

Amine_Abedour_2-1707257278009.png

I hope it's clearer for you.

Br,

Amine