Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Creating a Waterfall Report in ACC v7

Level 3

Hello, 

Does Adobe have the OOTB feature or capabilities to create a Waterfall report from Workflow activities? 

In a previous CRM system, I could easily create a Waterfall that would list all the activities and the quantities associated with them. 

Asking because I don't want to go down the route of creating Instance Variables for each activity and writing them out in an Alert. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, I was able to get the "Snapshot" activity added to my instance and this is providing the results I desire. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @montezh2001,

you might try to read logs from workflow journal where you get lists of all activities and then simply query those lines to see the waterfall in separate technical workflow and send alert with waterfall data parsed

Marcel_Szimonisz_0-1657806317409.png

Or store the counts in a same variable and pass it as object down the stream and process it at the end.

With use of instance.vars. and JSON.stringify and JSON.parse 

var vaterfall = JSON.parse(instance.vars.waterfall);
vaterfall.push({activityName:"activity", count:vars.recCount});
instance.vars.waterfall = JSON.stringify(vaterfall);

Marcel Szimonisz

MarTech Consultant
for more tips visit my blog
https://www.martechnotes.com/

Employee Advisor

Hi @montezh2001 and @Marcel_Szimonisz 

Be aware that using the logs, you might not have the exact waterfall as in the workflow editor because as there is no true start and true end in the logs and the logs don't have always the count associated to it

The current Workflow Editor is your waterfall representation of a workflow, I agree with the latest execution and not the past execution.

What is the use case to see the workflow execution for past execution as opposed the current?

Thanks

Denis

Administrator

Hi @montezh2001,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, I was able to get the "Snapshot" activity added to my instance and this is providing the results I desire. 

Level 1

Hello @montezh2001 

Could you please guide me through how you got the waterfall count? Thank you!!

Level 3

@wendywtay - Do you have the Snapshot activity as part of your instance? 

montezh2001_0-1689606629467.png

If s - you would add a snapshot after the transition you would like to capture. 

montezh2001_1-1689606845621.png

Configure the Snapshot with Label and Description 

montezh2001_2-1689607048894.png

Once the WF has run, if you search for the WF under Administration > All > Workflows and you will see the tab that says "Snapshot", there you will find your counts. 

montezh2001_3-1689607175344.png

You can then export the counts as *.csv into Excel. Hope this helps.