Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Creating a calculated attachment where File name is computed at the time of delivery for each recipient (it can depend on the recipient)

Employee

Hi,

We are trying to attach a pdf file (from the folder placed on C:// drive for testing because, FTP is not supported) during the email delivery in the template.

1. Specified the label  to apply to the attachment.
  2. Specified the access path of the file and its personalized name in the definition window (based on the customer name, it picks the respective file to attach).
  3. Uploaded the file to server from local drive in a different workflow as this is a mandatory step.

s_ncs_user_wizard_email_calc_attachement_010.png

I got an error below.

1245681_pastedImage_2.png

Questions:

1. How to resolve this issue?

2. Post the testing of attaching the files from desktop, i would like to do the same from an FTP location. How can i do this (any SFTP/other server location Adobe provides from where i can attach the files)?

PS: We have a hosted version of Adobe Campaign v6.1

Thanks,

Rajesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello Rajesh,

This is a known limitation when using calculated attachments uploaded from the local system . The reason is that when the attachment is prepared during delivery analysis , the MTA is responsible for preparing the attachment. The MTA for a hosted environment runs on a debian(linux) server and the local file being on a Windows OS causes a compatibility issue and creates the wrong path for the file by appending usr/local/neolane/ (default location of a campaign instance) ahead of the file name.

To overcome this you can :

1>. Use a file from a public location like this :

calculated attachment.png

2>. Else , like you have mentioned , you can have the file on a SFTP server and mention the path of the server here like :

/sftp/<user>/incoming/<file_name> in place of the public url

3>. Create a workflow to generate the file on the workflow execution and then export the file to the var/<instance_name>/export folder using the data extraction activity and then use the delivery ,attachment name should be : export/<file_name>

Hope this helps

Regards,

Adhiyan

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Employee

Hi Cavallo,

No , unfortunately not . This is a limitation . The personalization of the calculated attachment is done by the Mid MTA and hence the path will be appended when using mid-sourcing.

You can see the solution described at the beginning of the topic and see if it works for you.

1>. Use a SFTP location to pull the files.

2>. Use the URL of a public location (like google drive) to fetch the files.

Regards,

Adhiyan

Level 2

Hi Adhiyan,

I saw that once the calculated attachment is configured in message center template and for any reason MTA is not able to locate the file; emails are not getting delivered. Is it a expected behavior Or we can do something in configuration so that emails can be delivered even if the file to be attached is not found ?

Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Joydeep 

Level 2

Hi All,

Can we pull the file from SFTP location if we are using message center?

Thanks

Souvik

Level 2

Hi Souvik,

Wanted to check if the you got information regarding the query 'Can we pull the file from SFTP location if we are using message center?' 

Thanks

Daman

Employee

We have some workarounds for this limitation.

1. You can use SFTP, which is hosted on the same URL (location), as the marketing instance URL. After that, you can directly use the file path to access the file.

2. Use any public file hosting environment that provides a file name in the resource URL.

3. Add the files to a folder on the Adobe campaign marketing server and then we will be able to use the same path to access the files in the attachment.

Regards,

Harish Pandey