Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Changes to text editor

Level 2

Hi all,

We just had an update to our client console and the webview2 has been added. We are now on version 

J2021_0-1685101136224.png

(Adobe campaign classic v7)

Since this update when we use the text editor it adds HTML code instantly. But in a lot of instances we don't want the code to be added. For example we make use of the personalization blocks and before the update the code would look like this:

J2021_1-1685101414818.png

<p>This is an test</p>

After the update this happens:

J2021_2-1685101422590.png

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<p>This is an test</p>
</body>
</html>

Is there a way to stop it from adding this code to the text? 

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Hope you can help me out!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @J2021 

I see the confusion, the HTML editor has 2 modes

• HTML tab: this is the editor to use for non-HTML savvy people, the HTML tags are added as per the usage of the menu barDenis_Bozonnet_0-1687450807941.png

• Source tab: this is the free text (see it as notepad) editor to use to tweak the HTML if needed and required to be HTML savvy.

if a non-HTML savvy was entering, they were already a bit savvy p representing a paragrah

<p>This is an test</p>

Using HTML raw syntax in the HTML tab itself will result most likely to rendering issue 

So in a sense, it is better to stick with either HTML editor or with Source but not mix raw HTML in the HTML tab 

SO in the new CLient Console, the principle above has certainly been more enforced.

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @J2021 ,

Go to folder Resources/Templates/Delivery templates/ and search for the delivery template @internalName equal to mail and open it.

ParthaSarathy_0-1685109910078.png

In Source tab of HTML, check any scripting is there as mentioned by you. If it is there, remove it and save the template.

ParthaSarathy_1-1685110000560.png

Level 2

I checked and there is no scripting. It's totally empty.  How does this email template influence the text editor in the personalization blocks?

Community Advisor

Hello @J2021 

To make this work use the source tab of the HTML Content Tab in the delivery template. If you directly type in the HTML tab, it automatically adds the HTML tags.

Manoj_Kumar__0-1685410179107.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 2

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for your reply. We used to be able to just work in the editor of the personalization blocks without having to work in the source code. This is a must, because we have marketers who are making their own content. They don't know how to write HTML code. 

So i'm looking for a solution where Adobe doesn't add the HTML code. Because before the update everthing worked fine. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @J2021 

I see the confusion, the HTML editor has 2 modes

• HTML tab: this is the editor to use for non-HTML savvy people, the HTML tags are added as per the usage of the menu barDenis_Bozonnet_0-1687450807941.png

• Source tab: this is the free text (see it as notepad) editor to use to tweak the HTML if needed and required to be HTML savvy.

if a non-HTML savvy was entering, they were already a bit savvy p representing a paragrah

<p>This is an test</p>

Using HTML raw syntax in the HTML tab itself will result most likely to rendering issue 

So in a sense, it is better to stick with either HTML editor or with Source but not mix raw HTML in the HTML tab 

SO in the new CLient Console, the principle above has certainly been more enforced.

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks

Denis