Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

Campaign V8 - New implementation

Level 1

A client is looking run batch campaign majorly and looking for high performance. Client is interested in Campaign V8. This is NOT migration project,  client is looking for a fresh implementation of batch campaigns and would like to go with Campaign V8.

Question :

Can Campaign V8 suitable for fresh implementations ? As per my understanding only migration is supported from ACC V7 to V8 at this point of time .

Would be great to see experts thoughts on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @17376784 

I had a similar scenario where we wanted to do a completed data structure change and upgrade to v8. In such cases, the fresh implementation makes sense. A fresh copy of the v8 instance will be best if you are in a similar situation. 

Make sure to check the contractual obligations that your client might have with Adobe. But I think the contract wouldn't stop them from upgrading to th v8.

Adobe does offer v8 fresh instances.

If you want to keep the same thing that you have in v7, then go for the Automated migration with managed services. But this will require your stage instance to be a replica of your production instance in v7.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

HI @17376784 

Of course it is, it looks to me that they might want to refactor their whole implementation taking into V8 new features. Nothing prevents them to do so although I suppose you would have to still consider V7 migration. Depending on what contractual active profiles they have in V7, once they've been uplifted in license to take advantage of the Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud Service offering, Adobe provides a migration V7 to V8 as part of Adobe Campaign Managed Cloud Service offering. 

Thye should explore both models: fresh implementation or migration 

Thanks

Denis

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @17376784 

I had a similar scenario where we wanted to do a completed data structure change and upgrade to v8. In such cases, the fresh implementation makes sense. A fresh copy of the v8 instance will be best if you are in a similar situation. 

Make sure to check the contractual obligations that your client might have with Adobe. But I think the contract wouldn't stop them from upgrading to th v8.

Adobe does offer v8 fresh instances.

If you want to keep the same thing that you have in v7, then go for the Automated migration with managed services. But this will require your stage instance to be a replica of your production instance in v7.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn