Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

API JS cannot send Emojis in API body

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I'm using an api to send messages but the problem is that when I insert an emoji in the body I get a 400 Bad request back here is my js code :

var jsonData = {
                "type": "text",                               
                "text": "body": "hello how are you ",
                token = "xxxxxxxxxxx",
                contentType = "application/json";

var req = new HttpClientRequest('https://exampleTestEndpoint.com/sendMessage/128192');
          req.header["Authorization"] = token;
          req.header["Content-Type"] =  contentType;
          req.method = "POST";
          var data = jsonData;
          req.body = JSON.stringify(data);
          req.execute();
          var resp = req.response;
          var code = resp.code;
          var body = JSON.parse(resp.body);

Then when I remove the emoji everything works normally, I tried with another api from another service and I had the same problem when I insert an emoji,
I also tried with the utf-8 code of the emoji but it still doesn't work.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

API
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello everyone,
I've found the solution to the problem, which was to change the encoding in the header and replace this value in the header

var contentType = "application/json;charset=UTF-8";

most modules take it into account automatically, but on adobe campaign you have to specify it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

HI @AnasSpir05 

I would suppose you need to send the emojis in their unicode value. Emojis are unique code values and JSON is using unicode too, 

This page is old https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7177808/emoji-characters-cannot-be-encoded-to-json#:~:text=If%20.... and it seems that there are a few tricks to put emojis in JSON

Now how to get unicode for a emojis, I don't now exactly and you certainly can find the how by search internet (Stackoverflow or other)

Thanks

Denis

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello everyone,
I've found the solution to the problem, which was to change the encoding in the header and replace this value in the header

var contentType = "application/json;charset=UTF-8";

most modules take it into account automatically, but on adobe campaign you have to specify it.