Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!

Alternate way for Implementation of One-Click List Unsubscribe solution

Level 4

Hi,
We are trying to implement the One Click List-Unsubscribe solution for our gmail addresses.
Unlike the provided adobe documentation steps we are trying to use dynamic JSSP code to have the logic for updating the recipient flag post the user clicks on "Unsubscription link".
But we are facing an issue that when a user clicks on Unsubscription link in gmail , it shows the message for unsubscribed but still the link to unsubscribe is visible and when he clicks on it again it follows the mailto Option approach and redirects to website to unsubscribe.

please suggest for any alternative approach for implementing the One click list unsubscribe solution.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

19 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @rahulkad29786 

This is expected. The link will be visible even if the recipient has clicked on the unsubscribe link.

The only option we have is to either add mail to option or an external link.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,
Thanks for your response. But my concern is that even after adding the required code logic for One-Click List Unsubscribe and trying that via both Typology rule and SMTP header, the Unsubscribe link is going to mail to option, i.e when I click on "unsubscribe" link in the email, it shows the below message,

rahulkad29786_0-1713155997582.png

but still the blacklist flag is not updated in backend DB and when i reclick on that unsubscribe link, it gives a pop-up to redirect to website and then further it updates the flag, which seems Incorrect.
Because ideally the List-Unsubscribe should be working on first click.

Is it possible to share your implementation steps or approach.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hello @rahulkad29786 

When you click on the Unsubscribe link it won't open the page. The way it works is Gmail will open the link in the backend and that should update the flag. You will have to pass the recipient id in the Dynamic JSSP page and it should work like the example given in the document.

What URL you are using in the one click optout?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,
I am using below code in my JSSP page, where I am trying to update the blacklist flag in the recipient schema once user clicks on the Unsubscribe link.
In initial rounds of testing, it was working fine, i.e. when I clicked on Unsub link, it displayed the message and the flag was getting updated. But now after trying multiple times on different gmail addresses, it is redirecting to mail to link and flag is getting updated on second click.

rahulkad29786_0-1713157595880.png

Thanks

Community Advisor

This look correct. 

how are you adding this in delivery?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Tried 2 approaches for including this JSSP in
1. SMTP code directly

2. Via Typology.

The JSSP is working fine, as check in the original source of gmail , it shows the JSSP being called with the recipient id being appended, but the main issue is the backend flag not getting updated.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Are you saving the recipient on the JSSP page somewhere?

What happens when you open one-click optout url on browser with recipient id?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

On opening the link directly on browser like as below, it shows the recipient id in response and then the blacklist flag is updated successfully in DB without any issue.

<https://domainUrl/oneClickListUnsub.jssp?id=-1834562370>

Community Advisor

Can you check if you headers look like this in the delivery

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Yes @Manoj_Kumar_ , already checked that in all the test deliveries sent, in SMTP headers, its as expected. Both the lines are generated as required.

Community Advisor

in that case, it should work fine.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Yes, it was working for few days when I tested for few of gmail ids, but for last few retries on those gmail ids, I am seeing the issue as mentioned, like need to click "Unsubscribe" link twice.

I am not sure, what and where to troubleshoot more on this as I am not seeing any issue in the implementation. Let me know for any other steps in case.

Thanks

Level 4

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

Is it possible , that since I am testing using same gmail ids again and again, that's why I am seeing this issue?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Yes, that's possible.

Try to test it on a new Gmail address.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

Tried that as well,but strangely on a new Gmail id, the Unsubscribe link is not visible, but for the same delivery being sent on an existing gmail id, the link appears.

Community Advisor

It won't show up if you are sending this delivery from a non-production email because of low IP reputation.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 4

No, all the testing is being done via Production environment only

Level 4

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

Can you suggest any probable solution here or next steps.

Thanks