Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcing the launch of new sub-community for Campaign Web UI to cater specifically to the needs of Campaign Web UI users!
SOLVED

accessible if and visible if exact difference in adobe campaign confused

Level 4
  • visibleIf : hides the fields from the metadata, hence they cannot be accessed within a schema view, or column selection, or an expression builder. But this does not hide any data, if the field name is manually entered in an expression the value will show up.
  • accessibleIf : hides the data (replacing it with empty values) from resulting query. If visibleIf is empty, then it gets the same expression as accessibleIf .

hi all 

i have one doubt accessible if and visible if exact difference in adobe campaign confused

so based on what i read from doc 

1)visible if : hides the fields and data from schema

but if field name is entered manually it ill show filed as well as data

please let me know if my und is correct?

2)but accessible if :hides the data only, it will nit hide the field, we will be able to see the filed here if we use accessible if but there be no data, it show blank values

please let me know if my und is correct

please correct my understanding

@isahore 

@AndreaBriceno

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Disha,

You are almost correct:

For VisibleIf: The data itself isn't explicitly hidden, just the fields. So if you know the field and enter it manually into the expression, you can pull the data.

For AccessibleIf: Your understanding is correct.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @DishaSharma ,

The same has been explained in this thread with example. I would suggest you to create a test schema and replicate this explained scenario (mentioned in this thread) of both accessible if and visible if and you will get good picture on it.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Disha,

You are almost correct:

For VisibleIf: The data itself isn't explicitly hidden, just the fields. So if you know the field and enter it manually into the expression, you can pull the data.

For AccessibleIf: Your understanding is correct.