Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using Multiple unique visitor IDs

Level 4

When someone logs in to our website we collect their CRM ID via Adobe Data Collection. In ADC there's a rule set up as follows:
Extension: Experience Cloud ID Service
Action Type: Set Customer IDs

Then there's an Integration Code populated.

In AAM there's a Cross-device Data Source that's been set up with the Integration Code matching the same Integration Code in ADC and therefore these IDs are being collected into AAM. This setup works fine.

Questions:

1. As mentioned, there's a cross-device data source in AAM with the integration code that matches the ADC setup. There is another data source set up but it's a Cookie data source (ID Type: Cookie). This cookie DS does not have an integration code, the integration code is blank. Does this setup make sense? In Data Source Settings, Select an ID is set to Customer ID - ID Based on customer format. I attached screenshots of the cookie DS.

2. We would like to collect two more identifiers - 1) a hashed email and 2) a subscriber ID which is a unique number (non PII) that identifies someone from our email system. In the email system each email recipient is assigned with this subscriber ID.

To collect both identifiers, should I set up two more Data Sources, one for each ID, so for instance 1) a hashed email - Cross-device and 2) a Subscriber ID - Cross-device. So, duplicate the CRM ID setup but use the proper integration code for each. Is this the right approach?

3. I'm confused about the Cookie Data Source. Do I also need to set up 2 more Data Sources, 1) a hashed email - cookie  and 2) a Subscriber ID - cookie?

4. How can ALL these different unique identifiers that will be collected be stitched so they can be used to identify individuals; for instance, use the CRM ID OR hashed email OR Subscriber ID to identify individuals. Please confirm, can this "stitching" be accomplished via an ID sync where we can have the CRM ID, hashed email and Subscriber ID for each individual all neatly in rows in a ID sync file.

michaela7702973_0-1649688920369.png

michaela7702973_1-1649688940783.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @michaela7702973 , 

1. Not sure about the cookie datasource you mentioned. Remember cookie data source stores data against Device profiles (and NOT against the Authenticated profiles). Essentially qualifies traits only when the particular cookie id is identified on the page. Typically you won't put the same customer ID in both a cross device data source and cookie ID. 

2. Yes, that is the right approach.

3. Not typically done as explained in #1 above.

4. The stitching is based on the profile merge rules you define and apply against the segments. Refer this document and subsequent sections under profile merge rules: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/features/profile-merge-rules/mer.... At the backend the Customer IDs (CRM, Hashed email and subscriber ID) all individually get linked with the Audience Manager ID (UUID). The profile merge rules pull the right linkages and apply on the segments to qualify visitors.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @michaela7702973 , 

1. Not sure about the cookie datasource you mentioned. Remember cookie data source stores data against Device profiles (and NOT against the Authenticated profiles). Essentially qualifies traits only when the particular cookie id is identified on the page. Typically you won't put the same customer ID in both a cross device data source and cookie ID. 

2. Yes, that is the right approach.

3. Not typically done as explained in #1 above.

4. The stitching is based on the profile merge rules you define and apply against the segments. Refer this document and subsequent sections under profile merge rules: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/features/profile-merge-rules/mer.... At the backend the Customer IDs (CRM, Hashed email and subscriber ID) all individually get linked with the Audience Manager ID (UUID). The profile merge rules pull the right linkages and apply on the segments to qualify visitors.

Hope this helps!

Level 4

@kchaitanya thank you, I appreciate your response. I will go ahead and set up the new data sources for the other IDs as discussed. The cookie data source that uses IDs were set up previously by someone else who is no longer in our organization and there's no explanation why it was done.