Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I move a folder to an other folder?

Level 1

Hello,

I am reorganizing my folder structure.

Therefore I want to move folders, containing traits or segments, to an other (new) folder.

How do I do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @pieterv140588 ,

You can move the traits/segments from one folder to another by editing the Trait/segment and choosing the new location of your Trait/segment.

rachit_sachdev_martech_0-1621587310823.png

rachit_sachdev_martech_1-1621587344721.png

Auto created Traits from Analytics will not be allowed to be changed as they are system generated.

Thanks,

Rachit Sachdev

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @pieterv140588 ,

You can move the traits/segments from one folder to another by editing the Trait/segment and choosing the new location of your Trait/segment.

rachit_sachdev_martech_0-1621587310823.png

rachit_sachdev_martech_1-1621587344721.png

Auto created Traits from Analytics will not be allowed to be changed as they are system generated.

Thanks,

Rachit Sachdev

Level 3
hi, you can use bulk tools to reorganise the folder structure (you can move whole folders themselves, as well as moving traits from one folder to another) https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/reference/bulk-management-tools/...

Level 2

Using BAAAM you just update by editing the parent folder and run an update. Only beneficial in a cost/benefit perspective to use BAAAM if you are aiming for moving a lot. Else it would be time efficient to just edit/move in the AAM UI.