Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Write dynamic campaing name with Classification Rule Builder

Level 2

Hi! 

Similiar to google and reason of lack of governance in the local team we are required to have a dynamic campaign name rule on our Classification Rule Builder 

andresdao_0-1687418319282.png

Any thought's on how to do this? 
@PratheepArunRaj 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @andresdao ,

Classification Rule Builder is not absolute here since we would receive numerous Campaign Names & related Campaign Meta Data. The best option is to use the Classification Importer i.e. CSV/TXT upload.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @andresdao ,

Classification Rule Builder is not absolute here since we would receive numerous Campaign Names & related Campaign Meta Data. The best option is to use the Classification Importer i.e. CSV/TXT upload.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Community Advisor

I don't think that you can have "dynamic classifications" though, even using the importer vs the rule builder... the classification itself still needs to be added to the system... unless I am misunderstanding....

The values being set into the classifications can be changed, and updated in bulk more easily (more dynamically)... but the classification buckets themselves... those need to be set up in the system.

Community Advisor

Sorry, I am re-reading this... you are trying to map things like "c001" to "black friday"...

I agree with @PratheepArunRaj using Classification Importer will be better for this... you just need to get the classification template file, then populate a CSV with the mappings (hopefully something you can easily port from where you are managing your campaigns), and set up a regular import job to get the new rules constantly updating....

Trying to manage that from the Rule Builder is too much overhead....

Community Advisor

As others have mentioned, your only option is Classifications Importer.

So while you're doing that, take some time to reinforce the importance of following proper tracking code format to your local team. It's very irresponsible of them to not follow the format properly. You should also not take the blame if a higher-up were to point the finger at your for poor data quality.

Community Advisor

Lol... this is the statement of the week:

It's very irresponsible of them to not follow the format properly