Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Week displaying outside of selected time period

Level 4

Hello, 

I'm wondering why in trended displays we are seeing a representation of a prior week, even is the time period is well outside the date range.  

See the attached image.  

2024-04-24_17-01-30.jpg

Here is the time segment: 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Damonwhall,

Odds are it's one of the metrics in your columns causing the issue... I've had this before... it seems like the Entries is one of the offenders quite often in my reports (and also any calculated metric that uses Entries - like Bounce Rate).

It doesn't always happen, but often enough that I see a weird random extra row at the top of my report like what you have....  

I really can't explain why it happens, just that you are not alone. If you need to tracking it down specifically, replicate your table with one column per, find which metric is forcing the extra row... if that metric is calculated, you can do the same trick, adding each separate metric in isolation until you find the offender...

While this won't fix the issue, it will help to identify the offender.... I haven't gone after support on this issue... but it might be worth it... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Damonwhall,

Odds are it's one of the metrics in your columns causing the issue... I've had this before... it seems like the Entries is one of the offenders quite often in my reports (and also any calculated metric that uses Entries - like Bounce Rate).

It doesn't always happen, but often enough that I see a weird random extra row at the top of my report like what you have....  

I really can't explain why it happens, just that you are not alone. If you need to tracking it down specifically, replicate your table with one column per, find which metric is forcing the extra row... if that metric is calculated, you can do the same trick, adding each separate metric in isolation until you find the offender...

While this won't fix the issue, it will help to identify the offender.... I haven't gone after support on this issue... but it might be worth it... 

Community Advisor

It happened to me few times in my reports, and I got questions like, why we have zero data for that week. For me it happened just few times, But it is worth going to adobe support.

Community Advisor

Lol, I got into the habit of adding a specific note telling people to ignore the first row... that it falls outside of the data range but due to some strange calculations the row appears. (Just to try and get around answering the same question repeatedly)

Community Advisor

@Jennifer_Dungan Adding note seems like an idea if I encountered this again, before this get fixed.