Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

visit count more than pageviews for custom variable (evar2=pagename)

Employee

Hi Team,

For one of my client when i take evar2(pagename)a s dimension and applied pageviews and visit as metric then i am getting visit count more than page view count     (Unexpected behaviour)
but when i check the same report with OOB dimension(page) and applied pageviews and visit as metric then i am getting pageview counts more than visits     (Expected )

VidhyaAk1_0-1713342227694.png

why this is happening ? how to investigate this issue ?

evar2 expiring on visit 

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I assume that your eVar2 is tracked with not only Page Views, but also with Custom Links, Download Links and Exit Links. If so, then I suspect that you are tracking Custom Links in visits that don't have any Page Views.

Level 4

I would check the following: 

• in the related data-element settings in Launch, is this page dimension being defined for more than a page view click?  There are linkclick associated dimensions and page view.  
  • If you are on the SDK, you will have XDM data-elements for page views, clicks, etc.  Is this dimension set for more than just the page related xdm data-element? 
  • In the reporting-suite definitions for this dimension, is the duration set for just page view, or in another way?