Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

UV Spikes Investigation

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to investigate spikes in the Adobe Analytics workspace. I found a UV spike around beginning of February 2023 and I found this article on investigating spikes and drops in Adobe: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/technotes/event/spikes-drops.html?lang=en

I looked at IP Addresses in data warehouse to see if there were any bots and couldn't find anything that stood out as Bot Traffic. The tags don't appear to be duplicating either.

Any ideas or suggestions?

skatofia_0-1676993581290.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Check if:

UVs relate to a spike with a particular page

Is there and tracking IDs that also spike(perhaps marketing did a social buy?) look at any referring domains that may have spiked

Did your IT team try any penetration test

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Check if:

UVs relate to a spike with a particular page

Is there and tracking IDs that also spike(perhaps marketing did a social buy?) look at any referring domains that may have spiked

Did your IT team try any penetration test

Level 2

Hi @Pablo_Childe 

Thanks for your response! This is for a particular page (1 page).

this was just a single channel spike it looks like (in referring domain). How would I look at tracking IDs?

What is a penetration test with IT team?

Community Advisor

If your analytics setup tracks tracking IDs then correlate the page against IDs to see if one in particualr is a spiker

Penetration testing can be performed to simulate thousands hundreds of thousands of users. Its an IT function so you need to inquire internally with whomever manages your network infrastructure.

Level 2

@Pablo_Childe 

I will check with my IT team(s). I looked at Visitor mid and nothing stood out. Any other thoughts?

Community Advisor

Yah check is there a geo IP city/region/country spike on the page?