Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Unconfigured Prop Variable is Populating in Production

Level 4

I did some testing on our development environment to capture the Launch rule name as it fires. I used the method below (use runtime environment for the data element).

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/capture-adobe-launch-rule...

The rule was configured to capture rule names on an unconfigured prop for testing purposes. The rule event was set to "page bottom" and there were no conditions on the rule. 

Yohan_khan00_0-1687462851016.png

This rule has been disabled & published to production and then deleted. However, we are STILL seeing the unconfigured prop being populated both in our dev environment and in our production environment via the platform debugger. 

Any advise would be appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you self-hosting your files? Is it possible the Launch file is cached and you just need to force a cache clear to get the new rules in place?

Not that I expect this is your setup, but our DevOps didn't want a direct connection between SFTP and our site, so basically after I upload the files, we have to run a sync job to copy the file from SFTP to the Website... I'm not saying that is what you have, but depending on if you have a CDN or Caching on your files, they may still be loading the old versions until you manually clear cache (or wait for it to expire)

How long has it been since you removed the rule?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you self-hosting your files? Is it possible the Launch file is cached and you just need to force a cache clear to get the new rules in place?

Not that I expect this is your setup, but our DevOps didn't want a direct connection between SFTP and our site, so basically after I upload the files, we have to run a sync job to copy the file from SFTP to the Website... I'm not saying that is what you have, but depending on if you have a CDN or Caching on your files, they may still be loading the old versions until you manually clear cache (or wait for it to expire)

How long has it been since you removed the rule?

Level 4

Thank you for your response. It has been 1 week since I removed the rule. 

I will wait until our dev team completes a release in the next week or so to see if the caching issue is updated.