Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

Troubleshooting Last-Touch Channel Segmentation: Organic vs. Paid Channels

Level 1

I am trying to create a segment to group the last touch channels into an Organic Group and a Paid Channel. For the organic group, I tried two different rules to test the segments. In the first segment, I included all the organic channels like SEO, Direct, and Referral Domains, and for the second segment, I excluded the paid channels like SEM, Paid Social, etc. When I test both segments, I get different numbers for SEO and Direct. I am attempting to create a segment that will group the last touch channels into either Organic or Paid. To test the segment for Organic channels, I created two different rules. The first rule included all organic channels such as SEO, Direct, and Referral Domains. The second rule excluded paid channels such as SEM and Paid Social. However, when I tested both segments, the numbers for SEO, Direct, and other organic channels appeared different." and other organic channels. 

Please check the attached screenshot. Can someone please explain why the numbers are different and what is the right way to create the segment?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Instead of building segment, I'd suggest reviewing the information on classifying marketing channels.  I think this will be easier to implement and give you more accurate results.