Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Unbounce pages

Level 4

I'm searching for a way to track Unbounce pages into AA. I did find a post with some steps or workaround to track Unbounce but it's from Feb 2017, very old. Part of it is to inject AppMeasurement into the Unbounce page. I'm concerned about going down this path since the post is quite old and AppMeasurement has undergone a lot of changes/updates since 2017.

This is the old post:

Solved: Tracking of Unbounce pages - Adobe Experience League Community - 168392

Has anyone implemented Unbounce tracking in AA more recently and can you share the steps how it can be accomplished?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Apparently we can add scripts on Unbounce pages. Instructions here:

Adding Custom JavaScript and CSS in the Classic Builder – Documentation (unbounce.com)

I'm not sure if it will work but I will try adding the Adobe Data Collection embed code on the <head>. Assuming it works, I have another issue. I want to distinguish Unbounce pages and to do it, I want to set channel=Unbounce or something like that. This is to allow me to collect the Unbounce data into our report suite but have to ability to separate it out; i.e. make a segment consisting of channel=Unbounce. If this can be done, the data will be in the report suite but I'm free to include or exclude it as needed for reporting.

Do you have a suggestion as to how I can set channel to "Unbounce"? If I make a data layer and populate it with that, will it work? I'm afraid of timing issues, that the PV rule will fire BEFORE the data layer has been set.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @michaela7702973 I am not familiar with unbounce landing pages. But, I found one article from unbounce on how to use analytics to measure and analyze landing page performance.

https://unbounce.com/conversion-rate-optimization/using-analytics-to-measure-your-landing-page-perfo... This article don't talk about the adobe analytics, but it do mentioned about GA4. Which might help you if you using GA4 too.

These are some other articles talking about AA and Unbounce integration:

https://tray.io/connectors/adobe-analytics-unbounce-integrations

https://www.starfishetl.com/connect/Adobe%20Analytics/Unbounce

Community Advisor

Hi, we used Unbounce a year or so ago for some marketing pages... we injected Adobe Launch through the custom script area, and to cover some of our needs, we ended up using the "old" layout builder so that we could add some custom data attributes.. depending on your needs, while not ideal you should be able to use DOM parsing to build in custom tracking if need be.... if you just need page view tracking, this is easy.

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, we aren't using it right now... so I can't log into to see the interface, but I still have my Launch property.

It's possible that only the old builder allowed for the custom script injection?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Apparently we can add scripts on Unbounce pages. Instructions here:

Adding Custom JavaScript and CSS in the Classic Builder – Documentation (unbounce.com)

I'm not sure if it will work but I will try adding the Adobe Data Collection embed code on the <head>. Assuming it works, I have another issue. I want to distinguish Unbounce pages and to do it, I want to set channel=Unbounce or something like that. This is to allow me to collect the Unbounce data into our report suite but have to ability to separate it out; i.e. make a segment consisting of channel=Unbounce. If this can be done, the data will be in the report suite but I'm free to include or exclude it as needed for reporting.

Do you have a suggestion as to how I can set channel to "Unbounce"? If I make a data layer and populate it with that, will it work? I'm afraid of timing issues, that the PV rule will fire BEFORE the data layer has been set.

Community Advisor

Yeah, "Classic Builder", that's what it was called!

In our implementation, I created a separate "Unbounce" property in Launch, so that I could set up hard coded values specific to "unbounce" (similar to what you need, so that we could separate out these pages from our main site).

I also read some of the information directly from the Unbounce objects on the page.. in the window.ub object. For me, these always were available before my tracking fired... (and believe me, I've had to deal with other timing issues in some of our implementations).

If you really want to use the same property from your website onto your Unbounce pages, you can... but depending on your implementation, this could make it harder to manage and test new changes when its not isolated... I personally like to create a Launch property per "code base", so that I don't have to do a lot of checks and balances to determine which is which... each Launch property can still send to the same tracking suite, it just allows you to make different logic, or "lock" specific values where you need them.