Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Tracking custom link click within multi step form in iframe

Level 2

Hello, 

I want to place floodlight tag on last step of form in an iframe( say 4 steps ). On last step when you click submit I need to place floodlight tag for which i have code. And i can access buttons using iframe.content but button is on last step. There is rule which fires on domready of this page, hence i cant access that element on DOM ready and i need to write code in same rule. 

Any idea about js script to solve this.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good luck! Iframes are a bit of a pain to work with, but I get it... when you have a directive to do something you have to find a solution.

If you can't get anything added, then we can continue to investigate some "hacky" solutions... but let's hope it won't come to that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Is the code / page inside the iframe controlled by your company? As in, can you embed code on the button that could send a postMessage to the parent, and you can listen for that?

Iframe security and implementations are tricky at the best of times (and downright impossible some of the time)... 

The most reliable solution would be to create communication between the child and parent frames, and leverage that to trigger your tracking calls.

Level 2

Yeah, I will find out if we can embed any listener on that button.

Thanks

Mahimitra.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good luck! Iframes are a bit of a pain to work with, but I get it... when you have a directive to do something you have to find a solution.

If you can't get anything added, then we can continue to investigate some "hacky" solutions... but let's hope it won't come to that.