Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

't' parameter from Adobe Analytics request is always 00/00/000 00:00:00

Level 1

Hello!

The parameter 't' (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/validate/query-parameters.html?lang...) is always 00/00/0000 00:00:00 20-180. Does somebody know what the issue might be?

We are sending analytics from a Flutter app, with flutter_acpcore 2.0.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Our mobile App also shows that in Griffon... but in Adobe Workspace all our tracking events have the correct timestamp... I believe this may be related to the setting in launch.. If you don't have "Offline Enabled" (I don't) maybe it uses the server time instead of sending it through the call.... and maybe if it is enabled, it starts sending and using the "T" parameter...

This is really just a guess... 

At this point, I would check if your data still has proper timestamp information in the reports.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Our mobile App also shows that in Griffon... but in Adobe Workspace all our tracking events have the correct timestamp... I believe this may be related to the setting in launch.. If you don't have "Offline Enabled" (I don't) maybe it uses the server time instead of sending it through the call.... and maybe if it is enabled, it starts sending and using the "T" parameter...

This is really just a guess... 

At this point, I would check if your data still has proper timestamp information in the reports.

Community Advisor

As far as I know t parameter is a legacy one and really never used for processing. Don't know what it is used for.

For report suite that are timestamp disabled or timestamp optional(without manual timestamp), adobe will generate the timestamp when the hit is received server side.

For report suite timestamp enabled or timestamp optional(with manual timestamp added), then you will see the ts parameter, may it be from the AppMeasutement.js tracking or mobile app. (with offline tracking enabled)

ts timestamp The custom timestamp set with the hit. Typically used for offline tracking.

I would just ignore t parameter and only focus on ts parameter.

Also for the date_time column in Adobe Analytics data feed you will see two columns that are used to create date_time:

hit_time_gmt The timestamp of the hit Adobe data collection servers received the hit, based in Unix time. int

cust_hit_time_gmt Timestamp-enabled report suites only. The timestamp sent with the hit, based in Unix time. int

So depending if your report suite configuration one of them would be used:

- timestamp enabled: would use the cust_hit_time_gmt, will exclude the hit if no data present in this column therefore if no value in parameter ts

- timestamp disabled: would use the hit_time_gmt, would exclude hit if value present in cust_hit_time_gmt

- timestamp optional: first will use cust_hit_time_gmt, if not present will default to hit_time_gmt.

In all cases hit_time_gmt will be populated but not necessary used as it is done server side.

Obviously as usually especially with mobile you should use the post_ version of the column to see which value has been used for processing.

Hope this helps