Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Single Page Visits is more than entries

Level 1

Hello. I have a trouble with bounce rate counting. I use following formula: single page visits / entries. But when I'd built report with splitting on tracking code I see such picture:

1783201_pastedImage_0.png

You can see that BR (bounce rate) is more than 100%. Single Page Visits is more than entries. Could you help me with this problem:

1) Why bounce rate is so strange? Maybe problem is in formula.

2) Why single page visits is more than entries? Is problem in splitting or in something else?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi, I believe that this is to do with tracking codes.

Do you still see this issue if you use day on the left hand side rather than tracking codes?

Whilst I can't comment on your exact logic, I would imagine that this has something to do with the tracking code not always being applied on entry page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi, I believe that this is to do with tracking codes.

Do you still see this issue if you use day on the left hand side rather than tracking codes?

Whilst I can't comment on your exact logic, I would imagine that this has something to do with the tracking code not always being applied on entry page.

Level 1

David, hi

Yes, when I look at splitting by day instead tracking code, picture is different:

1783265_pastedImage_0.png

I think that problem in splitting by tracking code, maybe counting BR by this way doesn't work with tracking codes

Level 8

Yes - I think you are correct.

The flaw was assuming that all tracking code was always applied on the entry - but clearly in a small number of cases this is not happening.

Thanks

Dave