Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Set up Adobe Analytics for split cart

Level 1

Hi Everyone,
I need to set up Adobe Analytics through Launch to track a split cart. This means that when I check out, I have 3 options:
ship product to home
ship product to the store
pick-up product at the store

I need to identify the cart is split vs. not (ok, easy enough to do), but of the splits, how many people sent a product to a home or store or chose to pick up from the store. 

Would the merchandising binding event work in this instance? Should I set up multiple eVars for each "delivery" scenario? (I'm trying to stay away from numerous eVars.)

Thanks so much!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Vam27 - You're on the right track with merchandising eVars, but I would suggest the product syntax over event binding. 

Consider the following example where I include all three shipping options (ship to home, ship to store, pick-up in store) in a single purchase/transaction. You'll note that I'm including event1 as a metric to capture shipping cost (configured as a currency event) and eVar1 as the shipping method (configured as a last touch merchandising eVar set to product syntax):

s.products = "cat1;prod1;2;19.98;event1=9.99;eVar1=ship-to-home" +
  ",cat2;prod2;2;19.98;event1=0;eVar1=ship-to-store" +
  ",cat3;prod3;2;19.98;event1=0;eVar1=pick-up-in-store";
s.events = "purchase,event1";

When I view these reports, I'll see that each product (prod1, prod2, and prod3) sold a quantity of 2 for a total of $19.98 and prod1 also had $9.99 in shipping costs. I can also use the eVar1 report to identify the number of orders that were shipped to home the customer's home or to the store for pick up. If I want to see which products were shipped to store, I could simply break that line item down by the product report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Just a gentle reminder. An evar is not limited to have 1 designation.

SO if your evar is #96 for example "cart spit"

You could make the evar still be the same number but you have 3 versions of it:

cart split - ship product to home
cart split - ship product to the store
cart split - pick-up product at the store

this way you don't need 3 multiple unique evars,  just 1 is needed but value changes  based on users selection criteria.

Hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Level 8

@Vam27 - You're on the right track with merchandising eVars, but I would suggest the product syntax over event binding. 

Consider the following example where I include all three shipping options (ship to home, ship to store, pick-up in store) in a single purchase/transaction. You'll note that I'm including event1 as a metric to capture shipping cost (configured as a currency event) and eVar1 as the shipping method (configured as a last touch merchandising eVar set to product syntax):

s.products = "cat1;prod1;2;19.98;event1=9.99;eVar1=ship-to-home" +
  ",cat2;prod2;2;19.98;event1=0;eVar1=ship-to-store" +
  ",cat3;prod3;2;19.98;event1=0;eVar1=pick-up-in-store";
s.events = "purchase,event1";

When I view these reports, I'll see that each product (prod1, prod2, and prod3) sold a quantity of 2 for a total of $19.98 and prod1 also had $9.99 in shipping costs. I can also use the eVar1 report to identify the number of orders that were shipped to home the customer's home or to the store for pick up. If I want to see which products were shipped to store, I could simply break that line item down by the product report.