Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Send Beacon issue

Level 3

Hi Everyone, Please suggest why I am seeing this issue. This is occurring sometime.

I also tried to find the issue and noticed that it was triggering because of getPercentPageViewed plugin.

mrgupta_1-1686154213674.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's probably not coming from the plugin directly, but from how the plugin has been implemented... 

Without being able to see your code, the only thing I can suggest is going back and reviewing the documentation, and double-checking your code to make sure that you have properly set up everything.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpercentpageviewed.h...

Where have you added this code to your Launch?

Remember that s objects and also the extensions aren't available in Data Elements... did you add the code directly into to your custom code block in your extension? Within the doPlugins area?

s.usePlugins = true;
function s_doPlugins(s) {
    // code here
}

/******************************************* BEGIN CODE TO DEPLOY *******************************************/
/* Adobe Consulting Plugin: getPercentPageViewed v5.1 */
function getPercentPageViewed(pid,ch){var e=pid,i=ch;if("-v"===e)return{plugin:"getPercentPageViewed",version:"5.1"};var t=function(){if(void 0!==window.s_c_il){for(var e,i=0;i<window.s_c_il.length;i++)if((e=window.s_c_il[i])._c&&"s_c"===e._c)return e}}();function o(){if(window.ppvID){var e=Math.max(Math.max(document.body.scrollHeight,document.documentElement.scrollHeight),Math.max(document.body.offsetHeight,document.documentElement.offsetHeight),Math.max(document.body.clientHeight,document.documentElement.clientHeight)),i=window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,t=(window.pageYOffset||window.document.documentElement.scrollTop||window.document.body.scrollTop)+i,o=Math.min(Math.round(t/e*100),100),n=Math.floor(e/i),p=Math.floor(t/i),s="";if(!window.cookieRead("s_tp")||decodeURIComponent(window.cookieRead("s_ppv").split(",")[0])!==window.ppvID||window.p_fo(window.ppvID)||!0==window.ppvChange&&window.cookieRead("s_tp")&&e!=window.cookieRead("s_tp")){if((decodeURIComponent(window.cookieRead("s_ppv").split(",")[0])!==window.ppvID||window.p_fo(window.ppvID+"1"))&&window.cookieWrite("s_ips",t),window.cookieRead("s_tp")&&decodeURIComponent(window.cookieRead("s_ppv").split(",")[0])===window.ppvID){window.cookieRead("s_tp");var a=window.cookieRead("s_ppv"),c=a.indexOf(",")>-1?a.split(","):[],d=c[0]?c[0]:"",r=window.cookieRead("s_ips"),l=c[3]?c[3]:"";s=d+","+Math.round(r/e*100)+","+Math.round(l/e*100)+","+o+","+l+","+n+","+p}window.cookieWrite("s_tp",e)}else s=window.cookieRead("s_ppv");var v=s&&s.indexOf(",")>-1?s.split(",",7):[],f=v.length>0?v[0]:encodeURIComponent(window.ppvID),$=v.length>1?parseInt(v[1]):o,h=v.length>2?parseInt(v[2]):o,u=v.length>4?parseInt(v[4]):t,k=v.length>5?parseInt(v[5]):n,m=v.length>6?parseInt(v[6]):p;o>0&&(s=f+","+$+","+(o>h?o:h)+","+o+","+(t>u?t:u)+","+(n>k?n:k)+","+(p>m?p:m)),window.cookieWrite("s_ppv",s)}}void 0!==t&&(t.contextData.getPercentPageViewed="5.1"),window.pageName=void 0!==t&&t.pageName||"",window.cookieWrite=window.cookieWrite||function(e,i,t){if("string"==typeof e){if(g=function(){var e=window.location.hostname,i=window.location.hostname.split(".").length-1;if(e&&!/^[0-9.]+$/.test(e)){i=2<i?i:2;var t=e.lastIndexOf(".");if(0<=t){for(;0<=t&&1<i;)t=e.lastIndexOf(".",t-1),i--;t=0<t?e.substring(t):e}}return t}(),i=void 0!==i?""+i:"",t||""===i){if(""===i&&(t=-60),"number"==typeof t){var o=new Date;o.setTime(o.getTime()+6e4*t)}else o=t}return!!e&&(document.cookie=encodeURIComponent(e)+"="+encodeURIComponent(i)+"; path=/;"+(t?" expires="+o.toUTCString()+";":"")+(g?" domain="+g+";":""),void 0!==window.cookieRead)&&window.cookieRead(e)===i}},window.cookieRead=window.cookieRead||function(e){if("string"!=typeof e)return"";e=encodeURIComponent(e);var i=" "+document.cookie,t=i.indexOf(" "+e+"="),o=0>t?t:i.indexOf(";",t);return(e=0>t?"":decodeURIComponent(i.substring(t+2+e.length,0>o?i.length:o)))?e:""},window.p_fo=window.p_fo||function(e){return window.__fo||(window.__fo={}),!window.__fo[e]&&(window.__fo[e]={},!0)};var n=window.cookieRead("s_ppv"),p=n.indexOf(",")>-1?n.split(","):[];p[0]=p.length>0?decodeURIComponent(p[0]):"",e=e||(window.pageName?window.pageName:document.location.href),void 0===i||!0==i?window.ppvChange=!0:window.ppvChange=!1,void 0!==t&&t.linkType&&"o"===t.linkType||(window.ppvID&&window.ppvID===e||(window.ppvID=e,window.cookieWrite("s_ppv",""),o()),window.p_fo("s_gppvLoad2")&&window.addEventListener&&(window.addEventListener("load",o,!1),window.addEventListener("click",o,!1),window.addEventListener("scroll",o,!1)),this._ppvPreviousPage=p[0]?p[0]:"",this._ppvInitialPercentViewed=p[1]?p[1]:"",this._ppvHighestPercentViewed=p[2]?p[2]:"",this._ppvFinalPercentViewed=p[3]?p[3]:"",this._ppvHighestPixelsSeen=p[4]?p[4]:"",this._ppvFoldsAvailable=p[5]?p[5]:"",this._ppvFoldsSeen=p[6]?p[6]:"")}
/******************************************** END CODE TO DEPLOY ********************************************/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's probably not coming from the plugin directly, but from how the plugin has been implemented... 

Without being able to see your code, the only thing I can suggest is going back and reviewing the documentation, and double-checking your code to make sure that you have properly set up everything.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/getpercentpageviewed.h...

Where have you added this code to your Launch?

Remember that s objects and also the extensions aren't available in Data Elements... did you add the code directly into to your custom code block in your extension? Within the doPlugins area?

s.usePlugins = true;
function s_doPlugins(s) {
    // code here
}

/******************************************* BEGIN CODE TO DEPLOY *******************************************/
/* Adobe Consulting Plugin: getPercentPageViewed v5.1 */
function getPercentPageViewed(pid,ch){var e=pid,i=ch;if("-v"===e)return{plugin:"getPercentPageViewed",version:"5.1"};var t=function(){if(void 0!==window.s_c_il){for(var e,i=0;i<window.s_c_il.length;i++)if((e=window.s_c_il[i])._c&&"s_c"===e._c)return e}}();function o(){if(window.ppvID){var e=Math.max(Math.max(document.body.scrollHeight,document.documentElement.scrollHeight),Math.max(document.body.offsetHeight,document.documentElement.offsetHeight),Math.max(document.body.clientHeight,document.documentElement.clientHeight)),i=window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,t=(window.pageYOffset||window.document.documentElement.scrollTop||window.document.body.scrollTop)+i,o=Math.min(Math.round(t/e*100),100),n=Math.floor(e/i),p=Math.floor(t/i),s="";if(!window.cookieRead("s_tp")||decodeURIComponent(window.cookieRead("s_ppv").split(",")[0])!==window.ppvID||window.p_fo(window.ppvID)||!0==window.ppvChange&&window.cookieRead("s_tp")&&e!=window.cookieRead("s_tp")){if((decodeURIComponent(window.cookieRead("s_ppv").split(",")[0])!==window.ppvID||window.p_fo(window.ppvID+"1"))&&window.cookieWrite("s_ips",t),window.cookieRead("s_tp")&&decodeURIComponent(window.cookieRead("s_ppv").split(",")[0])===window.ppvID){window.cookieRead("s_tp");var a=window.cookieRead("s_ppv"),c=a.indexOf(",")>-1?a.split(","):[],d=c[0]?c[0]:"",r=window.cookieRead("s_ips"),l=c[3]?c[3]:"";s=d+","+Math.round(r/e*100)+","+Math.round(l/e*100)+","+o+","+l+","+n+","+p}window.cookieWrite("s_tp",e)}else s=window.cookieRead("s_ppv");var v=s&&s.indexOf(",")>-1?s.split(",",7):[],f=v.length>0?v[0]:encodeURIComponent(window.ppvID),$=v.length>1?parseInt(v[1]):o,h=v.length>2?parseInt(v[2]):o,u=v.length>4?parseInt(v[4]):t,k=v.length>5?parseInt(v[5]):n,m=v.length>6?parseInt(v[6]):p;o>0&&(s=f+","+$+","+(o>h?o:h)+","+o+","+(t>u?t:u)+","+(n>k?n:k)+","+(p>m?p:m)),window.cookieWrite("s_ppv",s)}}void 0!==t&&(t.contextData.getPercentPageViewed="5.1"),window.pageName=void 0!==t&&t.pageName||"",window.cookieWrite=window.cookieWrite||function(e,i,t){if("string"==typeof e){if(g=function(){var e=window.location.hostname,i=window.location.hostname.split(".").length-1;if(e&&!/^[0-9.]+$/.test(e)){i=2<i?i:2;var t=e.lastIndexOf(".");if(0<=t){for(;0<=t&&1<i;)t=e.lastIndexOf(".",t-1),i--;t=0<t?e.substring(t):e}}return t}(),i=void 0!==i?""+i:"",t||""===i){if(""===i&&(t=-60),"number"==typeof t){var o=new Date;o.setTime(o.getTime()+6e4*t)}else o=t}return!!e&&(document.cookie=encodeURIComponent(e)+"="+encodeURIComponent(i)+"; path=/;"+(t?" expires="+o.toUTCString()+";":"")+(g?" domain="+g+";":""),void 0!==window.cookieRead)&&window.cookieRead(e)===i}},window.cookieRead=window.cookieRead||function(e){if("string"!=typeof e)return"";e=encodeURIComponent(e);var i=" "+document.cookie,t=i.indexOf(" "+e+"="),o=0>t?t:i.indexOf(";",t);return(e=0>t?"":decodeURIComponent(i.substring(t+2+e.length,0>o?i.length:o)))?e:""},window.p_fo=window.p_fo||function(e){return window.__fo||(window.__fo={}),!window.__fo[e]&&(window.__fo[e]={},!0)};var n=window.cookieRead("s_ppv"),p=n.indexOf(",")>-1?n.split(","):[];p[0]=p.length>0?decodeURIComponent(p[0]):"",e=e||(window.pageName?window.pageName:document.location.href),void 0===i||!0==i?window.ppvChange=!0:window.ppvChange=!1,void 0!==t&&t.linkType&&"o"===t.linkType||(window.ppvID&&window.ppvID===e||(window.ppvID=e,window.cookieWrite("s_ppv",""),o()),window.p_fo("s_gppvLoad2")&&window.addEventListener&&(window.addEventListener("load",o,!1),window.addEventListener("click",o,!1),window.addEventListener("scroll",o,!1)),this._ppvPreviousPage=p[0]?p[0]:"",this._ppvInitialPercentViewed=p[1]?p[1]:"",this._ppvHighestPercentViewed=p[2]?p[2]:"",this._ppvFinalPercentViewed=p[3]?p[3]:"",this._ppvHighestPixelsSeen=p[4]?p[4]:"",this._ppvFoldsAvailable=p[5]?p[5]:"",this._ppvFoldsSeen=p[6]?p[6]:"")}
/******************************************** END CODE TO DEPLOY ********************************************/

Level 3

Thank @Jennifer_Dungan. But I am doing in the same way which is shown in screenshot

Community Advisor

Where in your code did you add this? I can't help you unless you help me.... I cannot see you code, I do not have access to your websites... all I have is a screenshot of a JavaScript error; and experience helping other people with similar issues.

The error you showed is clearly showing that _ppvPreviousPage is not defined... this likely means that where you are calling your code cannot see the plugin (i.e. they are in different scopes), or the entire code has been added somewhere where it cannot see the s object, meaning that the _ppvPreviousPage cannot be set.

The instructions don't really tell you where to add your code, they just give you code... I'm telling you that to prevent scope and access errors, it should be added within the doPlugins function, within your extension.