Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Segments

Level 2

Hello Adobe Analytics Community!

Is it possible to pull out all the segments that have been created for a particular report suite?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can see in which report suite a segment was created by going to Components > Segments > Other Filters > Show all. However, I don't see a way to download a list.

RobertBlakeley_1-1703016834831.png

RobertBlakeley_0-1703016726157.png

However, if the question is asking in which report suite is the segment used, that is more problematic. In Workspace, a segment created in Report Suite A can also be used in Report Suite B. And one can stop using that same segment in Report Suite A. I am unaware of how to get a list of report suites where a given segment is currently used. If no one else can suggest a way, you could submit the request as an "idea" to the community.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can see in which report suite a segment was created by going to Components > Segments > Other Filters > Show all. However, I don't see a way to download a list.

RobertBlakeley_1-1703016834831.png

RobertBlakeley_0-1703016726157.png

However, if the question is asking in which report suite is the segment used, that is more problematic. In Workspace, a segment created in Report Suite A can also be used in Report Suite B. And one can stop using that same segment in Report Suite A. I am unaware of how to get a list of report suites where a given segment is currently used. If no one else can suggest a way, you could submit the request as an "idea" to the community.

Community Advisor

The solution posted by @RobertBlakeley while good, will only support "permanent" segments, not ad hoc segments which could still be shared across multiple reports....

There is a lot of interest from the community for a proper segment usage report, and I think they are looking into it, but no clue if and when something like that could be released.

Level 4

You can download the list by going to components ---> segments,you can filter the report suite in left panel, then select the checkbox in left side and now you will see the option to download the list as CSV

Vinoth1991_1-1703063437928.png

Vinoth1991_0-1703063340255.png