Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

Segment for Frequently viewed together add to cart

Level 3

Hi,

I am working on defining a segment for measuring add-to-cart clicks within the Frequently Viewed Together category across all strategic supplier Product Detail Pages

Greatly appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Ramya

9 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi @Ramya_SR ,

There isn't much to go on in your description, but here's some general information.

When you build out the segment, whether it ends up being at a hit/visit/visitor level, you want to make sure that you "add to cart" event and your "frequently viewed together" category are in the same hit level container. 

If you want to get results from just that hit, make it a hit level container.

If you are going to want to see the rest of the visit, make it a visit level segment, and put a hit level container inside it. That will show you everything from the visit where that hit happened. So depending on what you're trying to get at, you might want to make it a sequential segment with other conditions. (Same idea with visitor level segment).

You can also use that segment in a calculated metric. If you have a hit where add to cart and frequently viewed together happens, you can divide that by all cart additions to find out what % are coming from frequently viewed together.

Community Advisor

I agree with @MandyGeorge without knowing what data and how you have collected it it will be hard to help you with a segment...

Understanding the flow of your site is important too... Can you add to cart directly from a "frequently viewed together" container? Does these only link you to another product page where you then may lose the traceability to your container?

You could look into use a Conversion Syntax Merchandising eVar, this is similar to the Product Syntax eVars, except that these are set (and technically send on an action), then when a certain event is met (in this case "addToCart") the last value will be stitched to the s.products call 

So you could set all the various entries to your product pages throughout your site ("open product from home", "open product from search", "open product from frequently viewed together", "open from most popular", "open directly", etc)... to try to capture all ways that people get to the product page, so that it can be stitched to your Add to Cart event.

Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to see how I could create a segment may be on visit level "frequently viewed together products and cart addition"

Frequently viewed together container creation is where I have issue .

Is frequently viewed together an actual category of product or something else that is captured by an evar (ideally a merchandising evar)? Or do you mean frequently viewed together as in a container for products that are seen in the same visit together?

Level 3

its not in evar. I was trying to see if I could create a sequential segment with products urls and cart additions

Community Advisor

Sequential segments can be tricky to get exactly what you want... If you don't already have specific tracking in place, we would really need to understand the flows of your website to really dig into this... 

Like how far apart do you need to look from "click on frequently viewed together" container until an "add to cart occurs"

Let's say for instance this flow:

• Product A
  • Add to Cart
  • Product B
    • Container for "frequently viewed together" 
  • Click on the Container to load Product C
  • Add to Cart
    • (This should track the correlation)
  • Product D
  • Add to Cart
    • (this could also track the correlation even though it wasn't from your container)
  • Product E
  • Product F
    • (this could also track the correlation even though it wasn't from your container)

^ All the "Add to Cart" after the click on the "frequently viewed together" would be tracked incorrectly without specific rules...  but those rules are simple, generally something like "within X hits" or "within Y page views"... but what should that boundary be? What other hits are occurring on your site?

The easier really would be to have actual tracking set up so that you don't have to create such a complex segment...

I agree with what Jen said. Also, I would add, if you can try to avoid using URLs, they tend to low traffic bucket fairly easy. I would suggest either page name or product as those are less likely to low traffic bucket.