Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Seeing Customer ID for all pages that existed during a visit even when not set on that page.

Level 2

We have a web portal that collects customer ID (CID) on our website. 

That means some visits include pages where Customer ID is set and Pages where it is not set. 

I can view all pages seen where Customer ID exists within visit, including those where CID was not set but I want to break the pages down by those CID that saw each non set CID page during a visit. 

Currently if I make CID Exists segment at visit level, put it in table with Page as the dimension any page where CID was not set returns nothing when broken down with CID. 

CID Exists Visit Level
 Visits
Page:454221
Homepage234862
Homepage CID Number (breakdown)0

Have done my best to recreate the table above. 

Table I want but not sure is possible is below:
  CID Exists Visit Level
  Visits
Page: 254862
Homepage  
Homepage CID Number (breakdown) 254862
CID123105 
CID12490 
CID12595 

Any ideas more than welcome, not sure it's possible but interested in thoughts. 
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @jacobl91 my guess is that CID is a prop. In this case I don't it's possible to achieve what you want to do, because prop does not persists. If the CID is an eVar, and expiration is set to Visit, what you want to achieve should be feasible.

The CID is a prop or an eVar?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi @jacobl91 ,

I need to clarify some points before providing a feedback. First of all, are you using Analytics or CJA?

Imagine you have a sequence of server calls like this:

alberto_angeli_0-1709657807687.png

2 Unique visitors

2 Visits

8 page views (4 per visit)

4 page views with CID, and 4 without ECID.

What do you want to see in your report if, in theory, you have only these hits in the report suite?

Level 2

Analytics sorry should have said. 

I want Visit 1 Hit 1 and 4 to contain CID B for PageName A and D. 

At the moment I can see Visit 1 contains CID B and Page name A,B,C,D. But Page A,D both don't have a CID attached, which I guess is why I can't see haha. 

My goal actually is to export this via data warehouse, and I want to see in that report all pages seen by CID during a visit where CID exists. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @jacobl91 my guess is that CID is a prop. In this case I don't it's possible to achieve what you want to do, because prop does not persists. If the CID is an eVar, and expiration is set to Visit, what you want to achieve should be feasible.

The CID is a prop or an eVar?

Level 2

yes prop, I think you are right in that case. 

My solution for what I want to do is to use Experience Cloud Visitor ID to link the visit back to the CID in data warehouse to see all the pages that were seen by a visitor ID with the CID number as Visitor ID will persist throughout, I think that's the only way to do it.