Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report Builder "Hangs" During Update

Level 2

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with version 5.6.21 where you refresh the list of requests in your Report Builder workbook, it will update several, but then hang and show "retrieving data" as the status.  It'll sit that way for hours... The number of requests in the workbook doesn't matter - I've tried workbooks with 14 up to 850.  They all have the issue. I can select only a few of the requests and run those in smaller batches, but it still happens.

Adobe Customer Care says the issue is the firewall with my company - each request hits a new IP at Adobe and my IT dept needs to white-list all the IPs to make sure it's not hanging up on an IP that isn't white-listed. However, people on older versions don't have this problem as persistently as I do. If they have the issue they get the error "system level error occurred" and they can usually get it to work later that day or the following day. Meanwhile, I haven't been able to run a single Report Builder for over 5 weeks.  The logs don't appear to show anything either. Trying to figure out if this is a bug with the latest version or if it really is something we need to address at our company.  Our IT team is looking into it, but hasn't come back with anything definitive either.

I'm at my wit's end with Adobe Customer Care....

This is what the Request Manager will look like after clicking Refresh List and letting it run for a long while.  This workbook used to take less than 2 minutes to update.  It will now hang after running 4-6 requests of the 14 total and never complete.

1511758_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi that definitely sounds like its actually related to your PC and its network firewall options. I am guessing its what IT would call a locked build. When you are at home do you require VPN access to work on PC? They then limit for security reasons certain ports and LAN access. Show them ports above you need open and I bet it will be ok.

GLTU

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi I had similar issues. heres a few things I did.

Make sure the network connection you are using is indeed allowing ports 80 and 443. This is an IT setting on your side. Also ask them(IT) to ensure there are no VLAN setting restrictions on the internet connection they have you connected to. (This was a case i experienced). Also an IT issue.

To eliminate the IT side of things, for fun if you were to try and update on a completely different network. (Like home for example) does this still occur?

Level 2

I wasn't able to get the login window to load off our network, so I wasn't able to try.  Adobe said it works for them on their network.  I'll pass along your suggestions to my IT contact.  Thank you for sharing!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi that definitely sounds like its actually related to your PC and its network firewall options. I am guessing its what IT would call a locked build. When you are at home do you require VPN access to work on PC? They then limit for security reasons certain ports and LAN access. Show them ports above you need open and I bet it will be ok.

GLTU