Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Remove Adobe tracker

Level 1

Hello,

I need to remove a tracking code related to Adobe, detected by the https://themarkup.org/blacklightSometimes it gives result with 0 trackers, and sometimes it detects 1 by Adobe (see screenshot).

I searched for terms like demdex, dpm, adobetm, adobe in the HTML, but I can't find anything. 

Maybe https://themarkup.org/blacklight is giving false results? 
How can I make sure I don't have any Adobe related trackers on the website?

Thanks,

Damir

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

To find out if the website uses Adobe solutions, there are a couple of things you can do:
1. Go to the website>>right click anywhere on the page>>inspect>>search for 'launch' and you should see an assets.adobedtm.com script which means there is a launch script on the website. Using this launch script, one can deploy adobe products like (adobe analytics, target, audience manager etc.) and 3rd party extensions like meta, google pixel etc. Please note that you will see the launch script only when the website is using Adobe Launch as a tag manager.
2. [The easiest way] Use the AEP debugger- go to the website>>load the debugger>>reload the page>>go to the debugger and if you see any Adobe solution-related data, the website is using it. Refer the screenshot below: 

RHYTHMD1_0-1715072448089.png

If you find any Adobe products being deployed via launch, to remove them you can simply remove the adobe launch script from the <head> tag of the page source code and that should be it. If any other tag manager is being used, you will have to remove that script from the page code.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Rhythm

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

To find out if the website uses Adobe solutions, there are a couple of things you can do:
1. Go to the website>>right click anywhere on the page>>inspect>>search for 'launch' and you should see an assets.adobedtm.com script which means there is a launch script on the website. Using this launch script, one can deploy adobe products like (adobe analytics, target, audience manager etc.) and 3rd party extensions like meta, google pixel etc. Please note that you will see the launch script only when the website is using Adobe Launch as a tag manager.
2. [The easiest way] Use the AEP debugger- go to the website>>load the debugger>>reload the page>>go to the debugger and if you see any Adobe solution-related data, the website is using it. Refer the screenshot below: 

RHYTHMD1_0-1715072448089.png

If you find any Adobe products being deployed via launch, to remove them you can simply remove the adobe launch script from the <head> tag of the page source code and that should be it. If any other tag manager is being used, you will have to remove that script from the page code.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Rhythm

Level 1

Thank you for the quick answer!

I was not able to find any clue of Adobe trackers by following methods you suggested, so it seems like https://themarkup.org/blacklight was giving false or cached results.

Regards,

Damir