Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

RAG dashboard analytics

Level 1

Hi

We are developing a visual score card tool for customers to assess how sustainable our financial investment products are online. They select a financial product, and we show them how the product scores on RAG scale for sustainability metrics (water usage, carbon neutral, human rights, etc) scoring Red, Amber or Green in each area.

We want to use analytics to measure how this page will affect customer decisions. For example if a low human rights score detracts customers from one of the product. (Note the score cards are not clickable.)

Currently we only have dimensions for page and link tracking. To create the right dashboard we need capture the RAG (e.g. Green), the sustainable feature (e.g. Human Rights), the product (e.g. Investment #2). 

What is the right dimensions/metrics to implement in this solution design?

I am just attaching a mock up I found online...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Yes , as said by Jenifer and Robert, you just need to capture the RAG score , you can use a single Evar(May be with visit Expiry) to capture all metrics in text format ,

Eg.

water usage = Green|Carbon = Amber|Human Rights=Red 

You can either get this as a datalayer from web developers or you can scrap it from the HTML using tag manager.

Later you can use classification to split this into individual metrics. Please note that Evar character limit is 250 characters, if it exceeds try another approach like capturing each score in separate Evar.

You should have already captured the product name with a metric like "product view" in this page, also you should have success events for successful purchase of the products.

Now you can put product view and purchase metric and then you can breakdown by RAG score and check the performance of the products

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Forgive me here, as I am not an expert in your business model, but it seems to me that a lot of this information wouldn't completely be covered by your web analytics? It seems to also take a lot of external data into account?

Maybe using Report Builder to pull in your analytics data, then create additional data pulls from other sources, or hidden tabs populated with information that you can use to calculate and colour the chart appropriately might be the best solution? Rather than trying to build entirely in a Workspace?

While you could probably import some data into Adobe from an external source, I just don't see being able to build a report efficiently within Workspace (Workspace is great for some things, and not so great for others.... I think this falls into the "other" category). But, as I said, Report Builder would allow you to get your specific web data into a place that could use calculations against global metrics, etc....

Level 10

But If you were going to do this, it sounds like you are looking to compare the rate of users who go on to see a given page name after looking at the socore card tool results, by either the sustainability Segment or the Score. This sounds roughly similar to a classic product page > purchase scenario.

I see three, possibly four variables:

• Sustainability Segment
  • Score
  • Page Name.
  • Tool Flag (if necessary to differentiate the tool)

And possibly a success metric, an event set on these special product page views.

This assumes your developers has access to the Sustainability and Score data to make your tool run and can set that data into a variable.

It sounds like a tool result will generate multiple Sustainability/Score values. How you will need to set these into variables depends on the into-the-weeds detail of how you tool works and how you want to evaluate the results. You could possibly use a Product variable implementation or set up an evar to work similarly.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Yes , as said by Jenifer and Robert, you just need to capture the RAG score , you can use a single Evar(May be with visit Expiry) to capture all metrics in text format ,

Eg.

water usage = Green|Carbon = Amber|Human Rights=Red 

You can either get this as a datalayer from web developers or you can scrap it from the HTML using tag manager.

Later you can use classification to split this into individual metrics. Please note that Evar character limit is 250 characters, if it exceeds try another approach like capturing each score in separate Evar.

You should have already captured the product name with a metric like "product view" in this page, also you should have success events for successful purchase of the products.

Now you can put product view and purchase metric and then you can breakdown by RAG score and check the performance of the products