Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

Push Audience to Google ADs and Facebook from Adobe Analytics

Level 2

Is it possible to create segments in Adobe Analytics and then push them to Google Ads and Facebook? Is this only achievable through Audience Manager? The challenge we're facing is that we don't have Audience Manager. Are there alternative methods available? When I used Google Analytics, this process was referred to as Data Import, but I'm not sure what it's called in Adobe Analytics.

Thanks in advance,

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not familiar with what sort of data Google Ads or Facebook needs, but I suspect that segments won't work?

I don't have Audience Manager either, but I suspect that though Audience Manager would use segmentation to define user groups, the audience would more be stored for sharing as something more like a list of User Ids that were returned by a segment... so that Google Ads and Facebook could say "Audience X" are these IDs, and "Audience Y" are those IDs, etc....

Segments are more like an actual SQL Query, the logic to return data sets from the Adobe Analytics data base...

However, depending on what sort of import processes Google Ads and Facebook have, you might be able to use Segments to get a list of users (maybe by ECIDs assuming you are tracking your ECIDs in a dimension that you can export, or some other identifier that Google/Facebook can read....) , then you could manually create a process to create audiences in those systems based on the users that you have identified?

I am not sure how often you would have to do this process to update your audiences.. Someone else may have more / better thoughts on this... 

Community Advisor

If all you have is Adobe Analytics, the simple answer is no. Adobe Analytics does not have a "destination" feature to export any cookie-based segment/audience to other systems. You need to have Audience Manager or RT-CDP to do so.

One possibility is sharing known users from AA to Google/Facebook using their custom list feature but quite a bit of work to do and requirements:

- you need to capture a user identifier in AA once the user logs in to the secure section on your site, this user identifier is recognizable by Google/Facebook, such as email address, and this may trigger some alarms on storing sensitive user information on AA.

- create segments according to the behaviour you wanted and get the list of user identifiers of the segment

- upload the list of user identifiers to Google/Facebook as a custom list

Level 2

What about event forwarding? I also came across this Facebook connection: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/destinations/catalog/social/facebook.htm....

Would any of these options help me, or should I stick with an identifier like email and upload the list of user identifiers to Google/Facebook as a custom list?

Community Advisor

Yes, and you need AEP to have this "destination". There are three products for AEP: RT-CDP, AJO, and CJA. I don't have access to them myself so unable to tell you which exact product gives you the capability but my guess is either RT-CDP or AJO. You need to talk to your CSM to understand more.

Just back to the original situation, there is no native solution/integration if you only have Adobe Analytics.

Community Advisor

Like @leocwlau I also only have Adobe Analytics and not AEP...  You could try asking on the AEP forum to see if people are using this (if you need to make a case for looking into this additional architecture..)

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform/bd-p/adobe-experience-pla...