Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

prop/evar/event - Need suggestion

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I listed few data elements assigned with respect to eVars, Props, Events

Can anyone guide me whether i assigned correctly or did i go wrong anywhere in identifying.

Thankyou in advance.

props:

pageName:props
channel:props
pageID:props
sitesection : props
language:props
userID:props
loginStatus:prop
productID:prop
productName:prop
noofproduct: props
cartTotals: props
productSubtotal: props
shippingDetails: props
totalCheckout:props
productStatus:props
applicationID: prop
pplicationname: prop
applicationStatus: prop
applicationTag2:prop
name:prop
email:prop
productID:prop
productQty:prop
productName1:prop
productName3:prop
transactionName:prop
transaction:prop
error:prop
errorName:prop
errorType:prop
random
cookiename
constant
pageifo
sitesection

evars:
productcategory: evar
productsize: evar
productcolor : evar
productPrice: evar
productID-evar
zipcode: conversion variable pre define
StateName: conversion variable pre define

events:
Tax:
Shipping:
stepevent for serialization

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello Again!

As we were chatting on your last post, for your shopping cart purchases you should be using s.products which is a special parameter specifically designed to track multiple items with explicit correlation to merchansing eVars. 

If you use a prop to track a list of products it will be truncated at 100 characters... If you are trying to correlate things like size, color, etc to each product this will be lost, as each item in the list will apply to ALL items in the list.

Only products will allow you to correlate specific parameters to their product. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/products.html?lang=e...

Or as someone else suggested, track the SKUs in s.products and import the product details like size, color, etc as classification data.

I also couldn't help notice you are including things like Country, if this is tracking things like shipping country, or the country listed in the user's account this makes sense, but if this is just the country the user is located in, Adobe already tracks this by default....State as well (all based on the user's IP).

I would also caution the use of collecting "email" as this is personally identifiable information that you might not want to be collecting in your data... maybe you would be better of tracking a user guid which is more abstracted....

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello Again!

As we were chatting on your last post, for your shopping cart purchases you should be using s.products which is a special parameter specifically designed to track multiple items with explicit correlation to merchansing eVars. 

If you use a prop to track a list of products it will be truncated at 100 characters... If you are trying to correlate things like size, color, etc to each product this will be lost, as each item in the list will apply to ALL items in the list.

Only products will allow you to correlate specific parameters to their product. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/products.html?lang=e...

Or as someone else suggested, track the SKUs in s.products and import the product details like size, color, etc as classification data.

I also couldn't help notice you are including things like Country, if this is tracking things like shipping country, or the country listed in the user's account this makes sense, but if this is just the country the user is located in, Adobe already tracks this by default....State as well (all based on the user's IP).

I would also caution the use of collecting "email" as this is personally identifiable information that you might not want to be collecting in your data... maybe you would be better of tracking a user guid which is more abstracted....