Expand my Community achievements bar.

Product views could be triggered in action events?

Level 1

I am wondering if I can add 'product views' events on the action event, which is changing options like color or storage.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/metrics/product-views.html?lang=en

For example, when Product Detail pages are loaded, page view events with 'Prodview' is triggered.
During exploring the PD, action event with product information(SKU), for example evar26=change_color, is triggered once users change the options such as color or storage.
I'd like to add 'Prodveiw' event in the hits with 'evar26=change_color'.
This is for tracking out of stock product views.

5 Replies

Employee

Hi @eunhaejo1807  , can you please elaborate a bit more your use case? The scenario and what you would like to achieve?

Best

Level 1

I edited the message, hope this helps for your understanding.

Community Advisor

hi @eunhaejo1807 I'm not exactly clear on what you're asking.  But you should add the 'product views' event anytime your visitor views a product.  In those scenarios, sending 'prodView' in the events variable or setting the products variable when the events variable is empty will increment the product views metric.  You can also send as a custom metric as desired by your organization.

How this metric is calculated

This metric counts the number of hits that match either of the following:

• The value prodView exists in the events variable; or
  • The products variable is set, and the events variable is empty.

Level 1

Thank you for your comment:)
I'll look at your seggestion more!
And I edited the message, hope this helps for your understanding.

Community Advisor

You could have the prodView event added to the same call that's setting the eVar26.  You'd then increment a prodView each time that event was sent.
I've also seen a different approach.  Using searches, for example, when an initial search happens, a search event was sent.  But when that search was refined, a refined search event was sent instead.  This allowed separate visibility to the number of initial searches as well as refinement of those searches.  If you wanted to use that approach, you'd simply assign another success event number to the refinement event and send that in the payload that's setting eVar26.

Hope this helps!