Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

post_event_list data structure quesetions

Level 1

Hi, 

I've some specific questions regarding the data structure of contents of my post_event_list. 

I don't understand what they meant. Could somebody shed some light on them?

1. 220 = 31, does it mean event 220 happened 31 times? Or was it something else? 

dpong6688_0-1697646671884.png

2. What does ".00" in 1799 = 31.00 stand for? 

dpong6688_1-1697646739006.png

Thanks,

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

You may not be aware of this, but Events can actually be configured as Counters (default), Numeric, or even Currency based.

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1697651803388.png

Counter is simple, these always increment as "1" and thus, in the tracking are just:

s.events="event1";

Numeric and Currency, however, allow you to pass a value that you want to increment the event by (Numeric is in integer format, Currency is in standard 2 decimal place values), so:

s.events="event2=5,event3=9.99";

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/events/events-overvi...

1. 220 = 31, does it mean event 220 happened 31 times? Or was it something else? 

220 (which is not event220, but rather event21**) was triggered once in this row, but is incrementing by 31 (so it should count as 31, not 1)

2. What does ".00" in 1799 = 31.00 stand for?

This means increment the event by $31.00   (I believe if the event is currency based, and the code only passes s.events="event2=9" that Adobe will automatically convert to a currency format of 9.00

Similar to the first question, this event is based in dollar (or whatever currency you are set up for) and should increment the passed value.

** For those unfamiliar with Raw Data Feeds (anyone who comes across this question), the post_event_list sends back the backend id of the events, rather than numeric value from the visible event.

i.e. Frontend "event21" = 220 in Raw Data

In order to find the correct mapping, you must use the events.tsv provided along with the Raw Data Feed.

Level 1

@Jennifer_Dungan  - I see the same issue in my data feed. Does this mean the event counted 31 times in one server call? I'm pretty sure i've never configured it to count more than once in Adobe Launch & i don't use the processing rules.