Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Occurrences and Page Views in Adobe Analytics

Level 2

Hi,

Could anyone please help me understand in which case or scenario, Occurrences and Page Views are exactly equal?

Is it because of some configuration set by us. What wrong am I doing here.

1619803_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi. you're not doing wrong anything, it's a question of the metric/dimension you are looking at.

technically "page" is a prop which ONLY can be set on a pageview!  that means, if you are looking at "how many times a page appears in database" (occurencies) it is the same as "how many page views has a certain page" (pageviews).

if you want to count "page views" AND "custom actions" (download/exit/...) for a certain page take an eVar (with at least pageView expiration) for the pagename instead.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi. you're not doing wrong anything, it's a question of the metric/dimension you are looking at.

technically "page" is a prop which ONLY can be set on a pageview!  that means, if you are looking at "how many times a page appears in database" (occurencies) it is the same as "how many page views has a certain page" (pageviews).

if you want to count "page views" AND "custom actions" (download/exit/...) for a certain page take an eVar (with at least pageView expiration) for the pagename instead.

Level 2

Thanks Ursboller. IT is helpful.

Just one query, when we pass s.pagename in any "custom action", does it count pageview?

Community Advisor

pageview is triggered if it is not a s.tl call (no custom/exit/download link)

and if you send pagename, it will be deleted during processing on s.tl calls

Level 2

Thanks Ursboller. That is really informative.