Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Not able to share with new product profile (user group)

Level 2

Hi all, 

I recently created a new Product Profile in the admin console for analytics and added several members of a team I'm on to it. I've waited over 72 hours for an update but still the Analytics workspace doesn't allow me to share my project with this group. One alternative I've come up with is to use another pre-existing group that appears in the Workspace share window already, but I do want to know why this isn't working anymore. 

Based on responses to this thread: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/how-to-create-an-adobe-an... which was marked as resolved, it seems like people have recently been having this issue. 

What would be a possible solution or could this be fixed?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you create just a "Product Profile" or also a User Group assigned to that profile?

I don't think you can share directly to a Product Profile, but User Groups are available for sharing.

I set up a new access group just last week. I first set up a Product Profile with all the permission settings, then I set up a User Group (adding all the users into that group). Then I added that User Group to the Product Permissions. 

My new User Group is available in Workspace for sharing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you create just a "Product Profile" or also a User Group assigned to that profile?

I don't think you can share directly to a Product Profile, but User Groups are available for sharing.

I set up a new access group just last week. I first set up a Product Profile with all the permission settings, then I set up a User Group (adding all the users into that group). Then I added that User Group to the Product Permissions. 

My new User Group is available in Workspace for sharing.

Level 2

I just followed the same steps and I haven't yet added everyone to the User Group (just myself as admin) but they are all in the Product Profile and it is showing up in Analytics! 

In fact, it's showing the entire product profile group as those who are getting share access when I check the tooltip in the Analytics share window. As a sidenote, it seems like I don't need to add everyone to the User Group but it just needs to be created and that product profile is assigned. 

Thanks for your help!