Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Need help with the KPI Carts

Level 4

I have a questin about the KPI Carts.

How does carts counts?

In a total view I have for example 100 carts. But when I look at the product view I have also 100 carts.

Should it not be more carts when I look at the products?

Example: If I put two products in my cart (one categorize ladies and one men). On a total view there will 1 carts. Should there not be 2 carts when I break it on the products? (one cart for men and one cart for ladies)? Now when I do this it sum up to the same level as the total.

/Erik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello Erik,

Glad you found my answers helpful!

Let me try to answer your question, let's assume you add 2 products say, a Nike sneakers and an Adidas sneakers to your cart and finally place an order. In this scenarios, this is how Adobe Analytics would read things:

1. If you open Products report, there will be 2 different SKUs for each of these sneakers.

2. If you add Carts metric to this Products report, it should show 1 Cart for each of them because you created just ONE cart for both of them.

3. If you add the metric 'Cart Additions', it will have 1 Cart Additions against each of the sneakers.

4. In case you would have ordered 2 Nike sneakers and an Adidas sneakers, then it will have 2   'Cart Additions' for Nike and 1 for Adidas.

Do LIKE the post should you find useful and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Cheers,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Analytics Architect ®

Certified_Expert_Adobe_Analytics_Architect_badge.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello Erik,

Glad you found my answers helpful!

Let me try to answer your question, let's assume you add 2 products say, a Nike sneakers and an Adidas sneakers to your cart and finally place an order. In this scenarios, this is how Adobe Analytics would read things:

1. If you open Products report, there will be 2 different SKUs for each of these sneakers.

2. If you add Carts metric to this Products report, it should show 1 Cart for each of them because you created just ONE cart for both of them.

3. If you add the metric 'Cart Additions', it will have 1 Cart Additions against each of the sneakers.

4. In case you would have ordered 2 Nike sneakers and an Adidas sneakers, then it will have 2   'Cart Additions' for Nike and 1 for Adidas.

Do LIKE the post should you find useful and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Cheers,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Analytics Architect ®

Certified_Expert_Adobe_Analytics_Architect_badge.png