Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Multiple/Duplicate instances of eVar with different values in the same call

Level 2

Given a product string that may look as such:

s.products=";sandal123;;;;eVar1=sandals|eVar1=internal search|eVar1=non-internal campaign|eVar4=non-browse|eVar5=non-cross-sell";

Where there are three eVar1s with different values, which value would eVar1 record against the product sandal123? Would it successfully record any value given this overlapping behavior?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This isn't an expected implementation.. It's hard to say what will track.... I would assume the last one (being the last one to be set)?

When passing merchandising eVars into a product string, there should only be a single eVar1, a single eVar2, a single eVarX per product.... 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This isn't an expected implementation.. It's hard to say what will track.... I would assume the last one (being the last one to be set)?

When passing merchandising eVars into a product string, there should only be a single eVar1, a single eVar2, a single eVarX per product.... 

Level 2

I agree - but let's just say engineering messed up on their implementation, I want to make sure we can collect at least the last instance.

Community Advisor

Lol.. I've never actually tried this... but it might be worth testing this in a dev or qa suite and checking the results?