Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Moving from AdobeID to FederatedID problem

Level 4

We created a SSO Federated ID.  I changed identity types for one user via csv.  She disappeared from the list of users and now shows as the single user in our new Federated directory within the Admin Console.

She was prompted to sign on using OKTA when she tried to login.  She was able to login successfully but then gets this error message.

valerie_anders_0-1714000687820.png

Any ideas on what I need to do?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I haven't switched to FederatedIDs, so I haven't experienced this first hand, but can you double check that the user maintained their permissions? (i.e. that nothing was lost during the transition?)

Also, have you had that user attempt to log in using Incognito mode (basically with no cache and no cookies)? I am wondering if it's possible their cookies are storing some old info and are now corrupted... if Incognito works, you will likely have to have users manually clear their cookies (I would only instruct them how to clear their Adobe cookies... not everything..  I hate when tech support tries to tell me I need to nuke all my cookies, so I would never do that to anyone). But before clearing the cookies, I want to confirm if that might work, hence using Incognito.

If none of the above works, this might need Client Care to look deeper into the user's account to see if something else got corrupted?

Do you, or can you create, some testing accounts that you can try doing the conversion with so that you don't potentially break someone's real account?

Good Luck!

Level 5

Hi @valerie_anders ,

You need to contact the person in your organization who is handling all the Adobe accounts or who has Administrator rights.

We received same complaint when users were selecting "company account" instead of "personal account".

Requested them to follow the below steps and it did resolved their issue-

1. Access incognito window on your browser.
2. Go to http://experiencecloud.adobe.com
3. Click on 'Sign in using Adobe ID'
4. Fill in the login credentials (Username: your email address ).
5. Select the personal account option.
6. Use the password for your Adobe Id, if the password is incorrect, kindly reset the password from the reset your password link.
7. Once successfully logged in, click on 9-dots icon on top right corner and click on Analytics Button.

Community Advisor

@prads So, if we switched to Federated IDs, we have to use as personal account, not company account?

Level 5

Enter your username: company email address

Enter your password

Some users are getting these options after password:

Two options Personal account or company account in pop up

You need to select Personal account.