Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Monthly returning visitors

Level 3

Hi,

I need the evolution of the monthly returning visitors in the Workspace. I created a segment to have the returning visitors. But if I select a period that contains several months, I will get the number of visitors who return on the website during the entire period, not the monthly returning visitors.

How can I get this information in the same table ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is an ideal use case for using cohort tables within Analysis Workspace!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@mathildeb777400 I'll use month time dimension with return visitor segment to get that. If you wanna go deep and compare %change MoM, see solution here https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Analytics-Questions/Calculate-Month-over-Mont...

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 3

Hi Asheesh,

The %change MoM is very useful and I have added in on dashboards, but I tried to use it on this use case and that doesn't work.

If I select 6 months, the segment "returning visitors" is calculated for the entire period, not on a monthly basis.

Maybe I can change the segment to get this information.

Correct answer by
Level 5

This is an ideal use case for using cohort tables within Analysis Workspace!

Level 3
Thanks. This is useful to get the number of monthly returning. I just lacks the % of returning (ex : in January 20% of visitors are monthly returning visitors)