Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Missing an AnalyticsResponse event! in Assurance

Level 2

Hi!

I've been having issues with Assurance. We are getting the message "Missing an AnalyticsResponse event!" but it doesn't say what it means. Does anyone knows what it could be?

Thanks!

Veronica

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's right above "Post-Processed and Request Details"

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1676417498177.png

it's normally collapsed by default, since when things are working, you don't have to check it all the time.. but if things are broken.. this is a good indicator.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Community Advisor

May I ask where you are seeing this error? I was using Assurance earlier today and I didn't see such an issue.

Is this a new app you are testing? Did you update any extensions recently, or make any large changes in the app that could explain issues with tracking?

Level 2

Hi Jennifer,

This appeared suddenly, as far as I know we didn't make any changes. This is an app that we've been using for over 2 years now. This is the first time that we've gotten this issue. I've checked the App Id that we are using and it is all okay. Don't know what could be the problem.

Veronica

Level 2

AnalyticsResponse event.PNG

This is what we are getting. Do you know how to check if we are using the right property? Maybe we are trying to load from another property.

Community Advisor

Oh dear.. that looks serious!

When you expand "Request Overview", are you seeing proper information like your extension IDs, Report Suite and Tracking server?

This looks an awful lot like when our developers updated a frame work in the app and broke all our tracking.....

Level 2

Sorry but, where can I expand "Request Overview"?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It's right above "Post-Processed and Request Details"

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1676417498177.png

it's normally collapsed by default, since when things are working, you don't have to check it all the time.. but if things are broken.. this is a good indicator.

Community Advisor

Eeek.. that is definitely bad!!! It also likely means that none of your tracking calls are going to Adobe....

That was the exact behaviour that happened to us. I don't know your process, but for me, I would be logging a Sev1 defect for the build at this point.

Community Advisor

And by that, I mean a ticket to our developers... I hope this is a QA/Dev build and not a prod build that has been sent to the app stores.....

Level 2

This is just a Testing Environment. Already talked with our Devs, but we don't know exactly what is wrong. How could we know what is wrong?

Community Advisor

Good that it's a testing environment!

As for what the issue is, it's hard to say.. it all depends on what language your app is coded in, what changes were made in the build? Sometimes it takes looking at the scope of the build and guessing at likely potential causes... or rolling the code back to the last working version and introducing each change one at a time to find the culprit....

I am not an app developer, so my knowledge of how to help fix it is very limited.. but I can say for certain that the error message is legitimate and there is an issue in the build... you are lucky you caught it early.... when it happened to us.. no one thought to have me UAT it, and our QA testers passed the build.. it went to prod... 

Level 2

Excuse me, but what is a Sev1 defect for the build?

Community Advisor

Severity 1 (or Highest Priority) in our internal ticket system to our developers to let them know that the build has a major issue.

Community Advisor

Hmm interesting... 

This is going to sound "typical tech support" but did you try closing the app and reopening? I say that because when I first connected to the app I got the dreaded no debug flag error... and that was how I fix it

Where are you seeing the error? In the Analytics Events? In the main Events log? Do you still happen to see data coming through (despite the error)?

Level 2

Yes, I've tried even creating new sessions, with different users. 

I see it in the Analytics Events, and yes the data is still coming through and everything seems ok besides that. 

Community Advisor

Ok.. so tracking IS coming through... As in there is post-processed data???

Seeing the context variables is only the first step... you actually need the Request Overview and Processed Data to confirm a complete tracking success....

If you have all of that it might mean that there is some issue with the new validation scripts in Assurance.... If you don't have that, I would say something in the app broke... 

Community Advisor

For the record, the framework update I mentioned earlier... the one that broke all our tracking... we could see the Analytics Events (all the context variables were being "set".. but it wasn't actually sending to the server (Request Overview and Post Processed area were empty)

Level 1

Hi, I also get "Missing an AnalyitcsResponse event!" due to a time-comparison bug shortly after assurance initialization.
I created a specific GitHub Issue but did not receive any answers yet:
https://github.com/adobe/aepsdk-analytics-android/issues/58

Greetings,

Hanno