Expand my Community achievements bar.

Marketing Channels and Universal Links

Level 1

Hello,

We are building a fully native mobile app that will utilize a virtual report suite that inherits the marketing channel processing rules of the base report suite (our web platform). With an iOS app, you can leverage universal links which redirects visit directly to the corresponding deep link in your mobile app.  My question concerns how do marketing channel processing rules interpret this visit? If I come through a promotional email that would normally append UTM parameters on the landing page url to be processed and bucketed, but now since I have the app installed I am redirected to the deep link, will the UTM parameters still be processed and bucketed accordingly? Or will the parameters be ignored as I never hit the web platform, rather I am redirected to the app?  My assumption is they would be processed and I would simply apply the evar that we are using to segment the mobile app virtual report suite to analyze how users get to the app? We are not live yet so I don't have a way to test. Let me know if you have experience with this setup! 

1 Reply

Level 5

I hope, this issue was solved already. There is a detailed explanation which answers your query in documentation -

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/mobile-services/using/manage-app-settings-ug/configuring-app...

If there is anything that might help the community members for help, please feel free to add.