And in the the Marketing Channel rules 

andresdao_0-1688105445805.png

i have problems with the traffic is going all to Refferer

andresdao_1-1688105529600.png

In result i  have this.,

andresdao_2-1688105702139.png

@Urs_Boller 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

might be a lot of work to debug the problem... but let's try to give some hints.

First, the marketing channel rules are evaluated top down with "first match wins". that means, as soon as a single hit has a match, all rules below are ignored (the channel is set by the first match). so make sure, that you start with the easiest channels to detect (eg. based on tracking code, then search engines) and the rest below.

next, I would check if you have properly set the "internal URL" (it is in the admin for the report suite). otherwise the "ignore hits matching internal URL filters" will not work properly...

To see what channels are set on a hit base, add the metric "marketing channel instances". then you can inspect your "Refferer" entry by breaking down by different dimensions (like "marketing channel details", "tracking code", "referrer", ...) to see if all those should really trigger the "Referrer" rule or not.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hi, it seems something is incorrect in the definition of marketing channel rules for other channels above Referrers. Can you share a rule and a tracking code/url which you are expecting to go into any specific channel, but it is going to Referrer. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

might be a lot of work to debug the problem... but let's try to give some hints.

First, the marketing channel rules are evaluated top down with "first match wins". that means, as soon as a single hit has a match, all rules below are ignored (the channel is set by the first match). so make sure, that you start with the easiest channels to detect (eg. based on tracking code, then search engines) and the rest below.

next, I would check if you have properly set the "internal URL" (it is in the admin for the report suite). otherwise the "ignore hits matching internal URL filters" will not work properly...

To see what channels are set on a hit base, add the metric "marketing channel instances". then you can inspect your "Refferer" entry by breaking down by different dimensions (like "marketing channel details", "tracking code", "referrer", ...) to see if all those should really trigger the "Referrer" rule or not.

Community Advisor

Try resetting your Referrer rule to the Adobe-recommended setup: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/manage-report-suites/edit-report...

Then, make sure that this Rule is ordered after all of the other important rules but before the ones for Direct (and Internal/Session Refresh, if you have that).

Level 2

Sure, 

andresdao_0-1688245245500.png

This is the rule 

And this is the tracking code-->.gollo.com/xiaomi/?cid=psc:sem:ecu:art:**bleep**:sem:c001:jun:rgn

Level 4

In the original screenshot you shared in the Question, the tracking code which starts with psc is being shown in Paid Search only. Can you breakdown the Referrer with tracking code as well and see if you can find it there?