Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Marketing channel instances vs tracking code instances

Level 2

I am trying to understand the difference between marketing channel instances and tracking code instances. In my screenshot below it shows zero marketing channel instances. I am breaking down last touch with last touch channel detail. How can I exclude marketing channel instances which are showing zero?

analyticsjunkie2293_0-1680706124514.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

excluding zero marketing channel instances in your report, you can apply a filter to the report to only show data with values greater than zero.

Here are the steps to apply this filter:

1. In Adobe Analytics, navigate to your Workspace project where you have your report.
  2. Click on the panel containing your report breakdown.
  3. Click the 'Filter' icon (looks like a funnel) located in the panel's header.
  4. In the filter settings, select 'Advanced Filters'.
  5. Choose the 'Greater than' option in the dropdown menu.
  6. In the input field, enter '0' (without quotes).
  7. Click 'Apply' to update the report.

This will filter out marketing channel instances with zero values, and only display instances with values greater than zero. This way, you can focus on the performance of marketing channels that have been attributed to user visits.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

excluding zero marketing channel instances in your report, you can apply a filter to the report to only show data with values greater than zero.

Here are the steps to apply this filter:

1. In Adobe Analytics, navigate to your Workspace project where you have your report.
  2. Click on the panel containing your report breakdown.
  3. Click the 'Filter' icon (looks like a funnel) located in the panel's header.
  4. In the filter settings, select 'Advanced Filters'.
  5. Choose the 'Greater than' option in the dropdown menu.
  6. In the input field, enter '0' (without quotes).
  7. Click 'Apply' to update the report.

This will filter out marketing channel instances with zero values, and only display instances with values greater than zero. This way, you can focus on the performance of marketing channels that have been attributed to user visits.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask.

Community Advisor

Hi @Hemang35 , can you explain which filter you're using and include screenshots?  I'm having issues with another type of table and think you're filtering might help but I'm not sure where you're filtering.  Thanks!

Community Advisor

Instances get incremented when their related dimension has a value set with it in a beacon. For example, when eVar123 gets set with a value, then its eVar123 Instances increments by 1.

So likewise with Tracking Code Instances and Marketing Channel Instances: they increment when new values are set in their respective dimensions. In the case of Marketing Channels, recall that new values can be set when the same visitor browses your website from various traffic sources, even within the same visit. As a result, you can expect differences between Marketing Channel Instances and Tracking Code Instances.

Think about how your visitors arrive at your websites, and that should help you figure out what you're seeing in your report.