Expand my Community achievements bar.

Map &&events and &&products variable using Edge Bridge Extension

Level 1

Hello Team,

Some context:

Previous Implementation - We have a Mobile App, which is built on React Native. We have implemented Adobe Analytics using the react-native-acpcore library and other ACP prefixed libraries like ACPAnalytics etc.

ACPCore.trackAction("action", {"mytest": "action"});

At this moment one of our events (for example) contains the following payload, and looks something like this:

{
  "&&events": "event4,event5",
  "&&products": "Shirts;101973135;1;45;event4=45|event5=5;eVar1=Men's Shirts",
  "visitorId": "949022",
  "visitorStatus": "authenticated"
}

It works as expected, i.e.

• using &&events key -> Sets/Increments event4 and event5
  • using &&products key -> Sets the product string and automatically maps itself to all the required parameters (including merchandising eVars and events).
  • Other parameters, such as visitorId & visitorStatus -> Are available for mapping via Processing rules (as they are context data parameters)

Current Implementation:

I understand that this library(ACPCore for React Native) has been deprecated, and now we are looking to migrate to use AEPCore.

The easiest migration approach we see right now is to use the "Edge Bridge Extension" which uses existing MobileCore.trackAction() and MobileCore.trackState() methods.

We have now replaced the ACP prefixed library with AEP prefixed libraries. We have completed most of the required intermediate steps such as:

• Creating a Datastream
  • Creating a Schema
  • Adding Adobe Analytics as a service to the Datastream etc.

Question:

The question we are facing right now is - Can we use the existing &&events and &&products variables (and its values) as is? If so, how do we go about it?

Or does the content of the &&events and &&products variable now need to be restructured into array format like - this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I haven't switched to the AEP version yet on our apps yet either.. I am just starting to look into this myself... I don't know if I will be able to help on this yet, but I certainly am here to help commiserate with you.

Level 1

I am also interested to understand how was event/product sent to AEP

Level 4

I am also very interested to know more about this topic.

There's another thread that is related to this on using Edge Bridge, FYI

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/map-context-data-when-usi...

@sandeep-kumar123 you may want to re-visit the documentation as it states that no Data Prep / XDM is needed for sending to AA with Edge Bridge,

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/solution/adobe-analytics/migrate-to-edge-network/

Level 4

Hi @sandeep-kumar123 ,

Seems like the latest 5.x SDK has an update to the Edge Bridge, now it can map the trackState/Action data to the Data Object including the $$products variable. 

Identity for Edge Network overview (adobe.com)

And the Edge network can automatically map the Data Object to AA,

Data object variable mapping to Adobe Analytics | Adobe Analytics

If you are only dealing with AA, it sound easy, and no XDM or Data Prep setup is needed.