Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Make date range components relative to panel calendar

Level 2

The "Make date range components relative to panel calendar" has stopped working. When this option is selected, I can no longer access the date comparison menu. Usually, this is a right-click on the metric title. The menu pops up and I select my comparison type. Now I have to deselect the "Make date range components relative to panel calendar" option to add a date comparison. That date comparison is of course not relative to the panel which was the point of the component relative feature.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I just tried testing the Make date range components relative to panel calendar and it worked for me as it has in the past.

Here's a screenshot of sandbox data:  I initially set the panel date range to Last Week (Mar 3 - Mar 9).  I then used All Visits & Last Week date range on the metric.  As expected, they both reflected the same values.  Then I enabled the Make date range components relative to panel calendar.  With that option in abled the last week date range, reflects the week prior to the start of the panel start date.  

Josh__Stephens_0-1710527651877.png

Then I enabled the Make date range components relative to panel calendar.  With that option in abled the last week date range, reflects the week prior to the start of the panel start date.  

Josh__Stephens_1-1710527745651.png

Regarding the separate Right Click & Add Comparison Date range feature, without the relative date range option enabled, I was able to get the expected behavior.

Interestingly, once I enabled the feature, I couldn't get Right Click to work at all.  Sounds like that is a bug.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I just tried testing the Make date range components relative to panel calendar and it worked for me as it has in the past.

Here's a screenshot of sandbox data:  I initially set the panel date range to Last Week (Mar 3 - Mar 9).  I then used All Visits & Last Week date range on the metric.  As expected, they both reflected the same values.  Then I enabled the Make date range components relative to panel calendar.  With that option in abled the last week date range, reflects the week prior to the start of the panel start date.  

Josh__Stephens_0-1710527651877.png

Then I enabled the Make date range components relative to panel calendar.  With that option in abled the last week date range, reflects the week prior to the start of the panel start date.  

Josh__Stephens_1-1710527745651.png

Regarding the separate Right Click & Add Comparison Date range feature, without the relative date range option enabled, I was able to get the expected behavior.

Interestingly, once I enabled the feature, I couldn't get Right Click to work at all.  Sounds like that is a bug.